PDA

View Full Version : May cut on liriope

guntruck
05-06-2001, 10:36 AM
Ok, ive posted this before but didnt get specifics on the lateness of this cut. I have a customer with many many grasses here, she wants them all cut now in the middle of may. I wont have time until the end of may. I told her its probably not the best to cut them back now but she insisits i do it, or she will have someone else do it. What can i expect if i cut em back now to 4" like she wants?

Starling Lawn
05-06-2001, 12:20 PM
Rich,it will be fine.The loriope may look ugly for awhile,but if thats whats she wants,so be.Use hand clippers,or your hedge trimmers if you have alot of it.
Dave

guntruck
05-06-2001, 10:48 PM
Yeah Dave i think im going to use hedge clippers. I have a WHOLE LOT of it, i am just wondering if thats gonna be the most effective method.....any other suggestions? I would love to take a mower to it but its too high now.

Starling Lawn
05-06-2001, 11:28 PM
Rich i`ve used a toro set the highest notch,them came back over it with the trimmers......or do you have a bush hog?
Dave

syzer
05-06-2001, 11:32 PM
Alot of this stuff is deep in the gardens and would be hard getting a big mower back to it and we dont use push mowers. I was thinking of using articulating hedge clippers and knocking the majority of it out blowing out the debris and going back in and clean up the straglers?

Lanelle
05-07-2001, 12:47 AM
That should work. Definitely use power trimmers/clippers. You really can't hurt Liriope.