PDA

View Full Version : What can I do?

pcs
05-06-2001, 01:15 PM
I have a customer that has to trees that are about to years old and are about 4 feet apart and about 3 feet for a fence. This customer has a dog that is digging at the trees. What can I do so that the dog does not get at the trees.

Lanelle
05-06-2001, 01:48 PM
According to our trainer, dogs dig when they are bored, so maybe the owner should keep the dog entertained more and not leave it outside, alone for long periods of time. Put out a new toy/bone for the dog to play with. Bury its feces around the trees would work for some dogs. As you can see, I think this is a dog problem, not a tree problem.

racerdave
05-06-2001, 02:17 PM
put the dog on the other side of the fence. muhahahahahah
sorry I couldn't help it :)
I accidently came across a product that u might want to at least look at. The product is called Hotgrass basically an electric fence that looks like grass or even a vine. check out their website http://www.robinsonelectric.com . let me know what u think of it.

[Edited by racerdave on 05-06-2001 at 02:52 PM]

kris
05-06-2001, 03:29 PM
dave ...that looks very interesting...I emailed them for more info...cost etc... I could use it at my personal residence

pcs
05-06-2001, 05:51 PM
That's a pretty cool idea. How did you come across that site?

Dennis
05-06-2001, 08:36 PM
I had this prob. a few years ago with my own dogs.
What I did was take some of the square hole wire,called Rabbit fence down here, and put it around the base of the tree,the dog still tried to dig but couldn't hurt anything.
It is very cheap and easy to use.
Good luck
Dennis

racerdave
05-07-2001, 10:35 AM
PCS, Iwas at the jobsite one day, had a nature call, hahahahah.
Actually I was surfing looking for LCO lawnsites and found this product with a firm that works for Zoos. They use this in the new animal habitats they are now building. I think you can make one yourself.