PDA

View Full Version : Do Electric brakes need to be run often?

SouthernYankee
04-05-2006, 03:27 PM
All of my focus over the last few weeks has been on mulching and mowing. I havent set up any bobcat jobs in a month or so. I was wondering if I need to run my bobcat trailer around the yard a little bit? Some guy told me that I need to do this so that the brakes dont rust or bind up. Any truth to that? thanks

mow king
04-05-2006, 04:18 PM
All of my focus over the last few weeks has been on mulching and mowing. I havent set up any bobcat jobs in a month or so. I was wondering if I need to run my bobcat trailer around the yard a little bit? Some guy told me that I need to do this so that the brakes dont rust or bind up. Any truth to that? thanks

I wouldn't worry about it if it's only been a month. I let my landscape trailer sit all winter and brakes worked fine when I pulled it out of storage.

Lawn Masters
04-05-2006, 04:20 PM
If you let it sit for a few years, the brakes will rust up, and seize, but if its only been a month, I wouldnt be too worried about it. If you're really worried about it, take it out for a few miles and apply the brakes lightly to clean up the drums/rotors.