PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Contractors I have Questions

Drafto
04-05-2006, 10:04 PM
I have oppurtunity to have a commercial maintenance account subbed out to me. What does the state require licensing wise from me? I am licensed in PA and DE is there any special requirements?

Dan

AintNoFun
04-05-2006, 10:54 PM
no state licensing for landscape maintenance, but im sure you will need one for pesticides unless your credits maybe carry over, idk???

Drafto
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
no state licensing for landscape maintenance, but im sure you will need one for pesticides unless your credits maybe carry over, idk???

You do not need a business license to do maintenance in the state of NJ? I thought DE was a mess. I was just browsing the NJ state web site and I saw nothing for general services or landscaping or anything. What about registering my business or anything?

Dan

LB1234
04-05-2006, 11:51 PM
You do not need a business license to do maintenance in the state of NJ? I thought DE was a mess. I was just browsing the NJ state web site and I saw nothing for general services or landscaping or anything. What about registering my business or anything?

Dan

is it residential or commercial? For residential...even if you are being subbed...you may require to have a NJ Home Improvement Contractors Liscense. It depends on what 'landscape mainteance' entails and whether or not the state considers it a home improvement. Also, be sure to check with the town and/or county to see if they have any local permits and the like...welcome to joy-z:hammerhead:

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
04-06-2006, 12:04 AM
is it residential or commercial? For residential...even if you are being subbed...you may require to have a NJ Home Improvement Contractors Liscense. It depends on what 'landscape mainteance' entails and whether or not the state considers it a home improvement. Also, be sure to check with the town and/or county to see if they have any local permits and the like...welcome to joy-z:hammerhead:

You are right. I was just speaking with my attorney the other day. We were talking about what is considered and not considered to fall under the Home Improvement Contractor Act. He was saying that there could be an argument that anyone that is in the business of offering any services that fall under the act whether they are doing so or not would be required to be registered. Meaning, even if you are only cutting grass. if your business offers such services that fall under the act as part of their business that even though they are not performing said services the company would still be required to register. Welcome to NJ.:) Don't know for sure. I guess we will all have to see how this plays out.

Drafto
04-06-2006, 07:54 AM

It is commercial. Grass cutting, trimming hedges, edging beds, mulching, and some annual planting.

Dan

bobbygedd
04-06-2006, 08:19 AM
there is no home improvement license needed when doing commercial work

AintNoFun
04-06-2006, 08:24 AM
or residential maintenance, and even if there is its not a big deal to get.. its actually rather a joke...

there is no home improvement license needed when doing commercial work

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
04-06-2006, 09:46 AM
or residential maintenance, and even if there is its not a big deal to get.. its actually rather a joke...

It is rather simple. It is just the process of jumping through the hoops. Also, at this point it would take a little time because of them being backed up.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-06-2006, 10:27 AM
they just want your tax income lol., jerzey sucks, buy expensive equipment all i can say.

make sure your wife drives around a 50k company f350 or duramax diesel truck lol