PDA

View Full Version : High Flow Hydraulics?

thepawnshop
04-05-2006, 09:41 PM
What attachments use high flow hydraulics? The reason I ask is I am curious if there are any attachments I would EVER use that requires them. I am a "gadget" guy, but this is one option I may not need.

Thanks!

JDSKIDSTEER
04-05-2006, 10:01 PM
What attachments use high flow hydraulics? The reason I ask is I am curious if there are any attachments I would EVER use that requires them. I am a "gadget" guy, but this is one option I may not need.

Thanks!
Cold planer, some trenchers, some stump grinders, and most brush cutters. I am sure they may be a few others.

thepawnshop
04-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey JD...how come Deere skid steers can not offer both hydraulic quick tach AND high flow? The Gehl I was looking at had both. Also, do you have any opinions on the Deere quick tach?

JDSKIDSTEER
04-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey JD...how come Deere skid steers can not offer both hydraulic quick tach AND high flow? The Gehl I was looking at had both. Also, do you have any opinions on the Deere quick tach?They are going to change that this fall if I remeber correctly. I think I know what the change will be but not sure if Deere is ready to tell just yet.

thepawnshop
04-05-2006, 10:35 PM
They are going to change that this fall if I remeber correctly. I think I know what the change will be but not sure if Deere is ready to tell just yet.

May have to put things on hold till then...I want ALL the options. Care to share any "speculative" secrets?

JDSKIDSTEER
04-05-2006, 10:36 PM
May have to put things on hold till then...I want ALL the options. Care to share any "speculative" secrets? I will pm you.

Construct'O
04-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Hey JD...how come Deere skid steers can not offer both hydraulic quick tach AND high flow? The Gehl I was looking at had both. Also, do you have any opinions on the Deere quick tach?

When i got my ctl 332 which has high flow, they told me,they was afraid that you could blow the hydraulic quick tack cyclinder apart when using high flow??????????

So i'm waiting on the new system,which i was told was!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since i'm not Deere sales personel !!!!!!!!!! Was going to be an electric solinod setup of some kind,not hydraulic.

So there you are,time will tell???????????

AWJ Services
04-06-2006, 10:01 AM
and most brush cutters.

The rotary cutters that resemble a bush hog style cutter are not near as taxing on the hydraulics since they are not a continuous duty attachment like a Forestry Head.

Also my John Deere guy said the John Deere would overheat with the Forestry Head attachment.

Canon Landscaping
04-06-2006, 10:18 AM
my ct322 has the quick attach and i would never go back to a skid with out it it saves so much time and it works every time.

ksss
04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I like having one machine with high flow. It gives me the option of adding high flow attachments without having to upgrade machines at the same time. High flow attachments are expensive and so I don't want to have to upgrade a skid steer and add an attachment at the same time. Although at the time being, I don't have a high flow attachment.

thepawnshop
04-06-2006, 09:29 PM
my ct322 has the quick attach and i would never go back to a skid with out it it saves so much time and it works every time.

I have to say...I literally HATE the manual quick tach...every other time it seems I pull one side up fine, and the other will have a friggen pebble or something lodged in there. So I have sit my fat a$$ back in the machine, buckle up, close the door and shake the bucket/forks up and down over and over quickly then exit the machine and try to detach it again. I can hardly wait to have a machine with that option. I wish I could put that feature on my CT322 after the fact, but I think it is a "factory only" option.

Scag48
04-07-2006, 01:56 AM
I don't have that hanging up problem. Thanks CAT! :dancing: Just giving you sh!t Doug, when you gonna buy a 160CLC?