PDA

View Full Version : Lawncare Industry rates to improve!

EliteImpressions
04-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Many experts are predicting unemployment rates to dip under 4% in next two years. What does this mean to Lawncare?

- With more people having a job, less will be starting their own lawncare businesses using lowballer rates since they have no overhead.

- More housholds to have two incomes to enable them have extra money for outside services.

- Less companies means less competition, less competition means higher prices!

I dont know if this was discussed before but though it was great news for everyone.

mtdman
04-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Here in Michigan, unemployment is much higher than the national level. And getting worse. I don't think that will apply here. Also, if the illegals get the boot, as all the talk lately seems to point to, there will be lots of companies w/o employees who can't keep up, which will drive rates up. The warm winter and lack of snow seems to have thinned the herd here a bit, from what I tell, but we'll see how many weekend joes we will have starting up this season.

Fantasy Lawns
04-06-2006, 06:12 PM
And on the other side .... it will be hard to attract labors ... at least at a rate competive to what other jobs offer .... heck my local Checkers burger place is paying $10 per hour

firelwn
04-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I agrre with MTD, Michigan unemployment is rediculous. More joe blow lawn crews than ever. Doing arrons today and saw three diff flyers offering $8 mows WTF. Ripped everyone of them done, what a bunch of crap.

daveintoledo
04-07-2006, 11:00 AM
toledo is in the same boat as michigan, auto industry related..... and the numbers they are giving you are not true, the unemployment rate is based on those receiving unemployment benefits, not the number of people out of work.....just more lies from our government......

they keep saying on the news how great the economy is... i know of no one who has seen it, but there it is on the news every other day about how great the economy is...