PDA

View Full Version : Skid Steer Leasing?

PerfiCut L&L
04-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I havnt looked really but have been giving some thought to picking up a skid steer / bobcat and was comtemplating new or used. New is probably a bit out of the price range I want to pay right now unless perhaps you can lease them? Does anyone know if leases are available?

If not, I probably would be the market for something between 10k and 20k used. What tips can you provide for shopping used?

I need something with a bucket, and capable of forks.

fire&rain
04-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I have financed most of my equipment through Western Finance & Lease.

Their rates are competive and they are very easy going.

Ebay and equipmenttraderonline.com are good resources for picking up used, but I would definately look locally and check it out before you buy.

Good luck.

crab
04-06-2006, 09:29 PM
what do you want to do with you're skid,there all compatible with forks.:) :)

gammon landscaping
04-06-2006, 11:42 PM
no most new ones are interchangable old ones can be trouble case , gheil,new holland. all had there own hitch designes

PerfiCut L&L
04-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I need one mainly for moving top soil, mulch, and pallets of stone/salt.

Since I have no long term experience with these machines other than rentals, I am not particular about manufacturer. Need one thats mainly affordable, reliable, and flexible. (in that order)

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

impactlandscaping
04-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Check your local rental store. Many times they rotate equipment out every few years, and some places will do a "rent to own" deal, meaning you agree to a price, and pay XX in "rental" monthly until it's paid for.

PerfiCut L&L
04-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks I will.

Im also planning on attending one or more local auctions. I hear you can sometimes get some decent deals their. Granted, you cant lease them, but we have it in our budget to spend up to 20k. I'd prefer to spend only 15k because we have some other items we would like to purchase as well, that is if we decide to go used which is probably what we'll do.

Mike33
04-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks I will.

Im also planning on attending one or more local auctions. I hear you can sometimes get some decent deals their. Granted, you cant lease them, but we have it in our budget to spend up to 20k. I'd prefer to spend only 15k because we have some other items we would like to purchase as well, that is if we decide to go used which is probably what we'll do.
Im from W. Md. let me know of any equip. auctions in your area im looking to pick up a spare bobcat.
bobcatservice33@yahoo.com
Mike

Mike33
04-08-2006, 09:26 PM
I own a bobcat 185. I have 2 buckets, backhoe, tilt tach, landscape rake, pallet forks, and steel tracks . I have done some pretty heavy excavation with it, install new yards, and build srw. If you go bigger than this size sometimes you have trouble fitting in yards. If you can spend 20 go 5 more and buy brand new with a warranty. My dealer here in Cumberland, Md. just priced me a 185 like mine with enclosed cab and air for 25,000. Im not tryiing to sell you on bobcat either but i have owned 3 of them and been happy. The big factor is a dealer with in 5 miles from me. Thats means alot for service and attachments to rent.
mike

BCFLawnLandscape
04-08-2006, 11:25 PM
I bought mine a 2000 763, w/1500 hrs. on it, fresh paint job, for 12K. You won't get a deal like that everyday, but there are those deals out there.