PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures of a job we are working on...

Drafto
04-07-2006, 02:14 AM
This is the same job where we had a wall/soldier course issue. I will post some more tomorrow night:

neversatisfiedj
04-07-2006, 08:33 AM
looks great . Smooth radius cuts . Do you overlay field and cut in place ? Or mark, cut and drop in ?

Drafto
04-07-2006, 08:49 AM
looks great . Smooth radius cuts . Do you overlay field and cut in place ? Or mark, cut and drop in ?

On the radius we overlay and cut in place, we use 1/2 PVC conduit to mark our lines. For the field pavers that butt up to the wall we remove them and cut them on the $160.00 Harbor Freight table saw. This job was pretty interesting because the customer absolutely did not want any steps.

Dan

neversatisfiedj
04-07-2006, 11:32 AM
What do you mean - 1/2 inch conduit to mark lines ? do you have wheels on your cut off saw to keep you straight ?

--Josh

dcondon
04-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Looks great, keep up the good work!!!:waving:

ynvvbr
04-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Looks good Dan,

good solution for the before problem.

Drafto
04-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Looks good Dan,

good solution for the before problem.

I don't have all the solutions I had some help, but isn't that what this is all about? Just incase you were wondering Mike, I made it home, you can sleep now.

Dan

ynvvbr
04-07-2006, 11:55 PM
:damn, i guess that timebomb failed:(

LOL, smart guy huh!!!

Itzkcatz
04-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Looks great. i wish i did more work like that

Dreams To Designs
04-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Wow!!! Dan that is impressive. I especially liked the way you solved all of those issues. That really looks good. How is it walking on those ramps, they don't look too bad?

Kirk

Drafto
04-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Wow!!! Dan that is impressive. I especially liked the way you solved all of those issues. That really looks good. How is it walking on those ramps, they don't look too bad?

Kirk

Odd for pavers, but it is definitely a job for the portfolio. Yesterday we went there to start cleaning up in the rain, those pavers and wall blocks looked unbelievable wet. I was thinking about recommending they seal them but realistically it would probably make them so slippery I would get sued!

Dan

Dreams To Designs
04-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Slippery maybe, but you will be adding maintenance to a maintenance free product. I do agree, the look wet or sealed is much brighter and deeper, but who wants that aggravation of sealing every year.

So? How is it walking on the ramps? It doesn't look too difficult at all. You really did a great job at problem solving with that one. Have you been able to grade the yard out yet with this snow and rain?

Kirk

YardPro
04-08-2006, 09:03 AM
good job. lloks great.

DUSTYCEDAR
04-08-2006, 09:15 AM
lookin good hope they stay off the ramp in the snow

Drafto
04-08-2006, 06:53 PM
What do you mean - 1/2 inch conduit to mark lines ? do you have wheels on your cut off saw to keep you straight ?

--Josh

We lay the PVC down and trace the outline with a pen/pencil/crayon. No, we do not have wheels, just bend over and follow the line.

Dan

cgland
04-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Looks great Dan! What is the archaic piece of machinery in pic 3? LOL

Chris

Drafto
04-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Looks great Dan! What is the archaic piece of machinery in pic 3? LOL

Chris

It is an MTB Ground Pounder, it hits with 3800# and is the perfect speed and weight for compacting pavers. Up until this year it had the original 1982 Kohler engine on it, the gas tank finally fell off so I bought a 6HP Robin at Harbor Freight.

mrusk
04-09-2006, 08:49 AM
I do not like the slopes at all. Would of looked 100% better with stairs!!

With that being said, you did an excellent job working with the design the customer wanted. Cuts look real good.

I'm acctually working with a customer that wants me to rip out there old walkway which is a ramp, and put in a new walkway with no slope. So over 35 feet i am going to have a step every 7 feet.

Matt

GreenMonster
04-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Dan, looks good. Good solution to your solidier course problem -- duh, why didn't I think of that?!?!

What's up with the ramps? did customer have a legitimate functional reason for wanting that? I mean, you did it nice, but steps would have looked so much better.