PDA

View Full Version : My new favorite clients

DanaMac
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Maybe not me favorites, but very close.
A little background - I was born in Massachusetts, and when you're born there, you're born a Red Sox fan.

I received an email this winter from a lady that moved into a new house in October. Her neighbor said he knew how to winterize the system and would do it for free. Well he never shut the water off inside the house, and they had freeze damage at the PVB. So I showed up to the house Thursday, and 2 cute women open the door. One has a shirt that says "I (love) Boston" The love part being a shamrock. Well, I am almost always wearing a Boston Red Sox cap. So then I hear her Boston accent. She also tells me her dad's a landscaper in Mass. So we have good common conversation pieces now.

She also tells me she works for the beer company that makes and distributes Sam Adams, which is out of Boston/Mass. area. So lucky me gets a free 12 pack of misc. Sam Adams beer and some of their alcoholic ice teas.

I just thought I'd share a good customer story for a change. Since I will also follow it with a sad one. But the story probably should have started with, "Dear Penthouse, I never thought this would happen to me......."

DanaMac
04-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Then I get home and find out one of my good clients died in December from cancer. Mid 40s. He was one of the last installs we ever did, about 4 years ago. His son followed us around trying to help, and we let him when possible. Last year they added onto the house and I had to change the system a lot, and again the son helped. He is about 12-14 I think. Great kid too. They always had me come out to turn system on and off, and wanted it to be when the son was home, so he could help. So I get to go out next week and turn system on with the kid again. I think they'll get freebies from here on out. Or at least a couple years.

Sorry, had to balance out the stories.

SprinklerGuy
04-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Dear Dana...please refer me to all cute ladies....red sox fans or not

Sincerily,
Your friend,
Tony