PDA

View Full Version : First day using new Bobcat T300 WOW!!!

jmbobcat2
04-07-2006, 11:42 PM
All I can say is this is the best skid steer I have ever run, I was at full speed within 10 minutes and about twice the speed (actual yards of dirt moved over rough terrain) than my old 863F within 30 minutes of seat time. It quickly instilled a lot of confidence, heck you just point and go wide open - you don't have to finesse it over the bumps. I thought my 863 was great and could not get all that much better - boy I was wrong. Is it just me or is there anyone else who thinks it is a night and day difference? I don't think I will run a rubber tire machine again. And I think I am going to raise my rates!!

tnmtn
04-08-2006, 09:52 PM
congrats on the new machine. what kind of work are you planning to do with it.

Tigerotor77W
04-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Definitely, congratulations on your purchase! Have fun with the machine. :D

badranman
04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I would hope you'd raise your rates. payup Your cost per hour is more now. You have to take all of your costs into consideration. So instead of putting on 4 tires you're looking at 2 tracks plus undercarriage.

jmbobcat2
04-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Well I charge $85 an hour right now and it seems to be fair in my area. Some guys are getting $105/ hour, but they have been around for quite awhile. I am just getting into my second year out on my own in the Bobcat/dump truck biz. How much do you guys charge an hour? btw I am in So. Cal. And o'yea I just dropped $4000.00 into it on maintenance supplies and undercarriage parts.

Kepple Services
04-16-2006, 10:55 AM
I get $85 an hour here in Orlando as well for all 3 of my machines. I have 2 T300's and a 435 excavator. I can do multiple things with just the attachments i have, breaker, thump for the EX, bucket for the !300's grapples for both T300's pallet forks and a 10 yard dump trailer. This combo works for me so far, but an looking into getting a small dump truck soon.

jmbobcat2
04-16-2006, 02:22 PM
My pricing is kind of based on local rental rates of the machine. It cost $300.00 a day (8 hours) to rent just the machine. That works out to be $37.50hr. And I charge about $45.00hr for myself so I round up to $85.00hr. I have a Breaker tine/root bucket, smooth & rock buckets and a grapple bucket. My rates stay the same no matter what attachment I have on it and this also includes operating my Bobtail dump truck.

Caribbean Breeze
04-16-2006, 03:45 PM
jm,

Note;

In order to get extended service life from the T300;

Ensure that you are running the right track tension

Clean your undercarriage often with water (pressure wash if pos)

Don't turn on the spot as you may do with the skid steer, make gradual turns

Avoid abrasive material that may cut the track

Try not to get tree branches and other debris ingested into the undercarriage

Have Fun,

C Breeze

badranman
04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
I charge an extra $50.00/hr when using my breaker on the mini x. It wasn't free.

Kepple Services
04-17-2006, 10:04 AM
I dont cahrge extra for the breaker, maybe i should though.. never thought aout it. None of the attachments are free, just depends on which ones you need and use most of the time.

murray83
04-17-2006, 02:01 PM
no extra charge? ;) :confused: wow what do you do when you have to change your tip? :hammerhead:

badranman: hows things in halifax? keeping busy?

ksss
04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
If your not charging extra for a breaker your missing out. I charge $150.00 perhour with a breaker which is twice my regular skid steer rate.

Kepple Services
04-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Alrighty, well yall just changed my pricing on that!... The things you learn, the things you learn.

badranman
04-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Well Kepple, what else can we educate you on? You are charging for floating your gear I hope?:rolleyes: Seriously though, I think that's why most of us are here. Learn what we can and help others out.
Murray-Things are great. Really getting busy now. How about you?

Kepple Services
04-18-2006, 09:44 PM
I just looked at the breaker as another attachment that I can make money with, not as a separate billable item. Kinda like the grapple, bucket or pallet forks, I dont charge more for using one of them over the others... But I can see the value in the breaker over the others.

Scag48
04-18-2006, 10:02 PM
You gotta be charging a substantial amount more when running a breaker for a couple reasons: 1) The cost of the breaker itself. 2) The extended wear and tear it will impose on the carrier machine.

ksss
04-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Scag hits the mark. I have owned a breaker since '96 as far as return on investment it is right near the top. I first bought a Bobcat/Stanley hammer near new off of a rental fleet for $4,600.00 I ran that hammer until last year. Sold it at a Ritchie bros auction for $3000.00 I made a lot of money with that hammer. It needed about $1,200 worth or work to it when I sold it (new accumulator). I bought an Okada 750 hammer to replace that one. There is not a lot of them around and they can get you on bigger jobs. Couple years ago I got on a heavy high job that I bid with a large paving company and made $3,600.00 for 12 hours worth of light hammering. It also has gotten me on numerous large demolition jobs. So for me they are well worth the cost and the beating that the machine takes. I am not trying to wave the CASE flag, but the these machines are right at home with a breaker.