PDA

View Full Version : Truck washing question...grease

oldrustycars
04-08-2006, 09:41 AM
im driving a 2006 Mack Granite. Thye got me this new tractor with the promise that i keep it clean on my own time. No problem there. The u joint thats near the back of the cab throws grease ALL over the back wall of the cab, and the back window. im making a guard so this wont happen again, but what in the world can i do about all the little spots of grease all over the cab? pressure washing didnt help much, i was also afraid i would start taking off paint. ive tried Fantastic, and Windex, and each spot was taking about 5 minutes to get it truly clean. this truck was painted to our color by the dealer, so im very concerned about taking off paint that isnt factory applied. any ideas????

TURF DOCTOR
04-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Try wax a work truck it's hard to keep clean, like a mower.

FSully
04-08-2006, 09:51 AM
WD-40, DAWN Detergent(use straight to remove grease then rinse with water),or Simple Green, with some elbow grease. Follow by a coat of wax.

xcopterdoc
04-08-2006, 09:52 AM
try diluted purple power. Use a pressure washer with HOT water. most of all.. don't over grease the u joints!

Allen's LS
04-08-2006, 10:58 AM
All of the above answers are correct. Definately wax it a couple of times after its clean. It will be easier to clean in the future after it is waxed. Good luck. :drinkup:

oldrustycars
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
thanks everyone. i got it in september and put several coats of wax on it right away. meguiars. lots of road salt around here,(chicago) and i work all winter. i was surprised how cruddy all the polished aluminum and diamond plate got. i washed all the salt off any time it got above freezing too.

Gravel Rat
04-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I would have to agree use WD-40 to get the heavy stuff off and use a car wash soap for the rest to get the oil off.

We have a cleaner here its called "DUKE" it cleans like a SOB. I used it to clean up some chain oil for a chainsaw got onto fiberglass covered porch. It cleaned that oil up fast. I won't use anything else because it works good and it doesn't burn your skin.

Tony Clifton
04-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Lets see some pictures of this thing.