PDA

View Full Version : Nj Requirements????

lehrjetmx
04-08-2006, 05:05 PM
i HAVE A LANDSCAPE SERVICE CURRENTLY IN NJ AND SOME OF MY CLIENTS HAVE BEEN ASKING ABOUT IRRIGATION SERVICE. WHAT DOES IT TAKE IN NJ TO GET IN TO THE IRRIGATION SIDE OF THE BUSINESS. WHAT DO WE NEED TO HAVE AS FAR AS A SERVICE( BLOWOUT AND START UP) AND REPAIR BUSINESS COMPAIRED TO AN INSTALL BUSINESS. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT AS FAR AS POINTING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION BESIDES NOT GETTING INVOLVED. HAHAHA!!!! THANKS FOR THE HELPING HAND.
LEHRJET

telcomac
04-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Lehrjet,

Try the Irrigation Association of New Jersey at
http:/www.ianj.com

Harry0
04-08-2006, 07:12 PM
I am licensed in New Jersey and I believe you need it to make any repair, blow-out or start-up. I am sure you can get info from the D.E.P website.
Harry

kozmo
04-09-2006, 06:58 AM
To apply for license you need a 3 year apprenticeship or hire a guy with a license and pass your test.

kozmo
04-09-2006, 06:59 AM
To apply for license you need a 3 year apprenticeship or hire a guy with a license and pass your test.

greenworldh20
04-09-2006, 10:03 AM
you should get a license in nj, but not the law is not enforced. i have a nj irrigation license. there are more companies advertising irrigation services in the bergen county yellow pages than there are licensed irrigation contractors in the whole state of nj. this is a fact. the nj ia does nothing to help the licensed contractor. i do quite a bit of work in bergen county and see unlicensed irrigation contractors doing irrigation installs and repair all the time during the weekend. if the ianj president cares to respond to this, i would like to hear his comments.

brian

kozmo
04-09-2006, 09:59 PM
I have also been dissatisfied with enforcement but you have to play with the hand your dealt.Get involved take pictures and report these contractors also get together with your other local contractors so more than one is reporting.

DarkLotus
04-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Coming from both sides of the counter, I now see how many landscapers and fly-by-nighters are around in the Bergen Co. area. It frustrates me that no one but the contractors give a damn about it. The NJIA is sad and looks to be getting worse by the day... Sad to say.

Proving my price because a landscaper or a fly-by-nighter can do it cheaper bothers me to no end! If I have to prove beyond normal selling or chop my prices in half, I won't take the job. If they're complaing about the install price, God only knows what will entail when it comes to service.

-DL

lehrjetmx
04-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for all the info I will contact the NJ DEP and see what they say also. I haven't worked for anyone else for 3 years so the apprentice is out of the question. Where should I go to find study guides to take the test once I find a person I can hire for 3 years!!!!:hammerhead:

sicnj
09-01-2006, 12:36 AM
how many hours do you have to work for another landscaper to be considered a year? one week per year one day a week, one hour per week?