PDA

View Full Version : advice....

BCFLawnLandscape
04-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Was just on a skid steer question and have been wondering this for a while now, what is the most effective way to "advertise" the fact that you can do Bobcat work? We've done a few jobs where we've needed a Bobcat and also use it on the feedlot for cattle, but I am looking to maximize our profit w/it. I want the Bobcat out and working every single day. Do you target builders? Excavators? Where do I go to advertise or get the word out that I have a working bobcat just waiting to be used???

Splicer
04-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Lots of opportunities down on the gulf coast...

NEPSJay
04-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Lots of opportunities down on the gulf coast...

get real.... the guy probably wants to get paid BEFORE HE DIES

to answer your question, word of mouth goes VERY far

Splicer
04-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I got my $$$ when I was there...

BCFLawnLandscape
04-09-2006, 12:42 PM
So i'd just drive to LA or MS and unload my bobcat, what are they paying per hr. down there? Just out of curiosity?

gammon landscaping
04-10-2006, 02:41 AM
i would talk to some landscapers and concrete guys they are the bigger customers for me

Mike33
04-10-2006, 10:18 PM
I started my business from scratch with a bobcat. 10 years later and on 3rd. bobcat with many attachments i have a strong business. Itwas tough at first but hang in there. Yellow page ad very expensive but works. Advertise under landsc., and excavation. New paper is fair but will etyou buy until next year pnoe book ads. Yes you cant beat word of mouth, try contractors, go in to new developments beat on doors if you have too. I don't have too but if i had eq. sitting and this time of year it needs to be working do what you have to do. There is nothing like making money and no one is going to give it to you. Good luck.
mike