PDA

View Full Version : marketing ideas

slider53072
05-08-2001, 12:43 AM
I'm located in the ultra-competitive SE Wisconsin area, and i am having problems getting people to sign up for my service and i was curious as to whether any of you "lifers" who have done this for a long time had any tips or suggestions on how i can stimulate my business relatively inexpensively. flyers and newspaper ads just dont seem to be doing the trick, so how else can I get the word out that I even exsist? (I suppose that it doesn't help that there's 500 line ads in the phone book of companies that cut)and that is just the ones that advertise

Stonehenge
05-08-2001, 11:48 AM
Slider -

Look through some of the other threads from the last 30 days. There's some good info there that will answer your question.

You'll have to do a bit of research on your own, and decide what methods are best for you.

Start your research by reading "Guerilla Marketing" by Jay Conrad Levinson. If you don't come up with 10 cool ideas, you weren't paying attention.

joshua
05-12-2001, 01:57 AM
the best way to get business is word of mouth, if you have agood reputation people will refer you. when a customer refers me to someone else and i get the account i will give the customer who refered me a discount of some sort, most of the time when i do so the keep doing it, 1 lady this year has refered me to 2 older lady friends of hers, got both the accounts.

also i passed out over 1,000 fliers only 2 calls 1 job. from the customers i do have i have picked up of 30 jobs this year, wheather its landscaping, cutting, or others its the best way to go.

build your reputaion to be good and you will have more business than you can handle any guy on here will tell you the same. good luck to you :)

motivated1
05-20-2001, 11:25 AM
Word of mouth by far is the best way to go! Do good work, promote your customers to give you a good word to a friend and let them do the leg work/ mouth. As far as competition there is no competition. You work hard at the good jobs you have provide the most service you can to those people grow your business slowly,but steadily and don't worry yourself about the customers you don't have. I live in one of the other fastest growing areas in the U S. North of dallas, tx There are some enormeous landscape and maint. companies here 15/30 crews. My good customers likes us because we're " quality not quantity" remember that. I started in H. S. out of a '74 Chevy impala. Two re-built 21" snappers, hand held blower, combo edger and trimmer. I had nothing! I made less at 19yrs. than I did at 16yrs. I'm glad I stayed with it. I'm now licensed by the state of Texas as an Irrigator. Adding new service avenues to our portfolio everyyear. My only question is how do I manage my family time since I'm now married and have a 6 mo old. Ok I'll stop rambling. REmember Good word of mouth. Quality not quantity. Matthew Mc Li 8050 Phil 4:4

Guido
05-20-2001, 11:58 AM
for the section in the sunday paper where they put the properties in town that changed hands or sold off, etc. Have a pre written letter ready for the new owner congratulating him on his purchase and offering your service to him. Its wort a try, not very hard to do and cost barely anything at all.

Good LUck!

tlcgrounds
05-20-2001, 08:46 PM
My best way to acquire new properties is to target the ones you want and write them apersonal letter stating who you are, some credetials and services you can provide. I have found that if you are paitent and go after the properties that have not been taken care of coreectly. Present yourself with the upper hand and offer better service. Never under cut unless you know that the current guy is gouging the contract. Eventually you will have proerties that will look nice and you will have a strong base and more leverage to go after more competitave markets like high end contracts. Here is my secret. Build a good base and then go for the dessert and dirct contact is the best way.