PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion or two...

lawnsplus
04-09-2006, 01:28 PM
So I was out at a potential customer that had some brick and wall work done last year by a weekend warrior for $7.50 per square... need I say more??

OK so I am repairing several areas that have sunk, and finishing some stuff that the former guy just left unfinished.

My question is this, what do you charge per square to remove and rework areas that have sunk?

Second is there is at the front entrance to this home a step that was created using wall block and then capped with brick, the work all looks nice but where the soldier course meets the riser on the next step (wide steps), there is a gap of 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches that they want filled the original guy did this with sand but it has washed out and just looks bad.

The homeowner suggested morter, but I think that is a bandaid that will not only crack, but will deteriorate over time and just look bad.

Any suggestions on what I use to fill this gap?

Finally, the homeowner has a firepit sunken below grade and wants a single course of wall brick surrounding the ring and capped, but the brick is done all the way to the firepit ring and he wants it just "glued" to the surface of the existing pavers, ok not a problem, but what what bonding agent do I use that can withstand the temps? Yes the wall block will be lined with fire brick!!

Thanks...

Mike33
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM
On removal i estimate the tear a part time and if i have to haul away and put it in to an houry rate. Then use formula or sq' or however you bid your hardscaping. Just my in put.
mike

lawnsplus
04-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks Mike..

Boy you hardscape boys and girls are tight lipped huh...

I am not asking a difficult question can anybody else help me?

suggestions??

anyone else?

Mike33
04-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I woudnt say were tight lipped just tired. This is our hour of glory, for me i worked 12 hours today and just flipped in for a second.
Good luck to you.

Mike

LandMatters
04-13-2006, 04:04 PM
I'd fill the gap between the step and pavers with Techni-seal HP poly sand.