PDA

View Full Version : How do you charge for Landscape design????

Tim Wright
04-09-2006, 01:43 PM
How or what do you charge for landscape design with Pro Landscape software or some software, etc?

I am just curious. I am getting calls every other day, and can see my business growing into this area.

Tim

landscapedesignpros
04-09-2006, 07:06 PM
for straight online design work our prices range from $175 for one side of a house and go up depending on the work, 4 sides runs about $400, for our landscape company we will do a design to show the customer, but it stays in our hands unless they purchase it or we do the work. for the online design company we charge up front, hope this helps
Ryan

Tim Wright
04-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Yes it does, thank you!!

Tim

Dreams To Designs
04-10-2006, 07:14 AM
You can charge an hourly rate and estimate the amount of time the design will take. The amount of time depends on the complexity of the project, clients input or involvement, size of the project and how much information you will be providing. I find a typical suburban ncmansion front yard takes 10-15 hours, the rear yard can be anywhere from 15-25 hours and for the whole property add them together, unless the side yards are complex, then figure them as added time. Your hourly design rate will be affected by your overhead and thoroughness of your designs.

If you are using Pro Landscape for drafting plans and 3D imaging, along with Horticopia for plant selection, you have a complete design package that has great value to your client and an installer. That is assuming you are able to create a quality design. Just having the software will not guarantee good designs, just that your work will be legible and pretty.

Design can be a business all by itself or you can try to become a design/build firm if your design work is outstanding. If you are able to have someone create your designs while you handle the installations, the chances of success are much greater. The best designs will come from extensive meetings with your client and creating a landscape that meets their needs and desires now and in the future. All of that takes time and you certainly need to be compensated for your effort. If your designs are valued by your clients, then you will be able to charge accordingly.

Kirk