PDA

View Full Version : TL 140 Demo

AWJ Services
04-09-2006, 04:36 PM
The salesman dropped the unit off at my house this morning.

I will be using it for various tasks this week.
The machine digs really well.
The pilot controls seem very natural.
At idle it does have a fair amount of whine.I guess it is hyd noise.
Overall very quiet at WOT.

Zane Bates

AWJ Services
04-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Luckily I have plenty of land too play on so I have spent several hours moving dirt.

I have noticed there are dead spots in the joystick controls for the direction control.I guess it is normal.

I will say that it will excavate some dirt thats for sure.:dancing:

Gilla Gorilla
04-09-2006, 09:56 PM
You got any pictures for us to look at. It sounds like one hell of a machine though from what I have read.

AWJ Services
04-10-2006, 07:27 AM
I will snap some pictures today.

Also the salesman spoke of a new TL 120 prototype that they had demoing.

Itsgottobegreen
04-10-2006, 11:57 PM
when they make the 463 with a set of tracks I will buy one on the spot. Cause the Mt55 and the toro dingo don't lift high enough.

AWJ Services
04-11-2006, 11:25 PM
I will post some pictures later.
I also will be returning the unit tomorrow.

The only flaw I see so far is the cross bar between the boom arms.It continually was a nuicance.

I honestly feel like purchasing this machine.It is a good machine.
I pushed some 10 inch sweet gums down with it and some bigger pines.
It has good hyd power and is very easy too manuever.

I will demo the John Deere next week and I am really excited.
The salesman that I had a complaint with ended up leaving the company.
That must have played a part in the situation so I am glad that I decided to call them back.

I will add that the pilot controls are very easy too master.
I have limited skid steer experience and my friend made note of how quick I was working with the unit.I was using it too clean a privot hedge line grown up against a chain link fence.
He is very experienced with Skid steers and was very amazed at the units ability too move and work.Especially with me running it.LOL

I will also call the Bobcat dealer for a demo also.

I would hate to be someone competing against Takeuchi.
They have there act together.

John Deere and Takeuchi also have a door that slides up and over your head.
That is a big plus.

Thanks guys for all the help.

thepawnshop
04-12-2006, 12:40 AM
The Deere is an awesome machine! Good luck!

ksss
04-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Takeuchi builds a quality machine. Some of the draw backs I felt were it size, it seems almost unnecessarily large. It was difficult to get both tracks to power up equally. It may have been an issue of not being familiar with the machine. It has good pushing power and tractive effort but there are more powerful machines in this weight class. As far as quality of build it will be difficult to beat. The interior is very Japanese. " Everything you need, nothing you don't" mentality at work (Bobcat could learn a thing or two here). The additional CASE tracked machines are soon to release: the 440 CTL to be exact. Incredibly strong machine and phycially smaller than the TK. The 440CTL was able to substantially out dig and out push the TK (and the 277 CAT and Bobcat T250). If you end up with a TK you'll have found a very good machine.

AWJ Services
04-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Some of the draw backs I felt were it size, it seems almost unnecessarily large. It was difficult to get both tracks to power up equally.

Interesting that you brought that up.I also noticed it also.
Especially when pushing something hevy like a brush pile.

What info do you have about the 440tl?

ksss
04-12-2006, 11:05 PM
440CTs are releasing soon. They are built on the 440 chassis. The prototype was extremely impressive. It would certainly be worth a demo. If your interested I can find out a specific release date.

AWJ Services
04-13-2006, 08:10 AM
I will probally call the case dealer this week and see what they have too say.

Thanks for the info.