PDA

View Full Version : credit cards

Brianslawn
04-11-2006, 11:28 PM
i know people are always askin bout acceptin credit cards. just wanted to say we started doin cards only this year and been luvin it so far. no customer rip offs. payment right away. customers are even saying they chose us since we only ones in area that take cards.

credit/debit... visa, m/c, amex, discover.

billed auto first of the month for that month.

just some friendly advice for all the lawnboys out there.

6'7 330
04-11-2006, 11:40 PM
A lot of our maintenance clients are opting to use CC cards.I like them when they for pay front for big installs.CC comes in handy for the yuppies, that pay a big house payment, and two or three Mercedes payments. Easy to to use that plastic,and pay for that big install,they might put off if they had to sign a check.

PSO058
04-11-2006, 11:48 PM
What kind of set up do you need for accepting cards. Are there big fees associated with it? thanks

olderthandirt
04-11-2006, 11:57 PM
CC are great for the up selling, as long as your gonna put it on plastic whats a few more dollars a month ??

Brianslawn
04-12-2006, 12:10 AM
2% or less depending on card type or credit/debit. $10 a month fee on top of that. im with nations largest cc merchant service. fell free to pm me if you need more info. take care guys. glad you all doin good.

ArizPestWeed
04-12-2006, 12:46 AM
i know people are always askin bout acceptin credit cards. just wanted to say we started doin cards only this year and been luvin it so far. no customer rip offs. payment right away. customers are even saying they chose us since we only ones in area that take cards.

credit/debit... visa, m/c, amex, discover.

billed auto first of the month for that month.

just some friendly advice for all the lawnboys out there.
Are you saying , you only accept credit cards and no other type of payment ?

You can't get everyone to go for it , well , I can't

Brianslawn
04-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Are you saying , you only accept credit cards and no other type of payment ?

You can't get everyone to go for it , well , I can't

existing customers have the option of prepaying each month by check or cc. half are doing cc... others prepay by check. all new customers are cc. nothing is billed after work is done unless its commercial and there is a contract.

bobby taught me well.

nice loge there weed head. oh... offer a price just a tad lower than everyone else and say its cc only at that price.... they sign up. we had a few that didnt, and those i dont want!

garth1967
04-12-2006, 01:41 AM
good thread brian.i have been thinking about this alot lately.i just cant handle the lagged time between checks.well i im off to the bank tomorrow and what they have to say:clapping:

Brianslawn
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
thanks garth. if you want some more info on cards... pm me. ill tell you who i use. its not a local bank either. i bought machine from them at a cheap price too. just a couple hundred bucks i think it was. they also have a cell swiper... looks like a cell phone, but has strip reader on side. wireless portable printer to use with it too. im thinkin of getting one to put in landscape truck...

6'7 330
04-13-2006, 12:52 AM
What kind of set up do you need for accepting cards. Are there big fees associated with it? thanks

1.18% to 2% 10 bucks a month ..200$ or 220$ for the equipment