PDA

View Full Version : Need website for pictures of mature plants

FERT-TEK
04-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Hello, I am doing a small landscape install for a neighbor and am looking for a website with pictures of mature plants I might use to put together a install package. Do any of you have a website that would be a good reference?

Below you will find a before picture of the property. I only dabble in landscaping at my own home and am doing this as a favor. I am looking for a low maintenance planting since this guy is an attourney and is rarely home. I am thinking about either Dwarf burning bushes or Mrs Kim Lilacs in area 4 and either English Ivey and/or red and white annuals in areas 1,2 and 3. I live in zone 5 (Chicago suburbs) if that helps. Also any plant suggestions would be appreciated.

FERT-TEK
04-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Anyone with some thoughts or a website I can referr to?

Grn Mtn
04-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Moonbeam Coreopsis
Black Eyed Susan towards the back with Compact Basket of Gold in front
Japanese Variegated Silver Grass towards the back with Compact Basket of Gold in the front
Variegated Yellow Loosestrife in the back with Purple Coral Bells in front

Also relocate the Hosta's to under the Cherry Tree and put a Dwarf Crimson Pigmy Barberry in their place.

For pictures try www.monrovia.com

And fix the retaining wall.

cpritch
04-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Monrovia has pretty decent photos on their website.

www.monrovia.com (http://www.monrovia.com)

Another idea would be to get some industry catalogs, those usually have excellent pictures in them. What I have done for my last couple of customers is create a design with a "potential" plant list and then take them to the nursery so they can view all of the plants in person and make a final selection. Very time consuming to do it that way though. . .

FERT-TEK
04-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks fellas! I will look into your suggestions on Monrovias website.

FERT-TEK
04-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Moonbeam Coreopsis
Black Eyed Susan towards the back with Compact Basket of Gold in front
Japanese Variegated Silver Grass towards the back with Compact Basket of Gold in the front
Variegated Yellow Loosestrife in the back with Purple Coral Bells in front

Also relocate the Hosta's to under the Cherry Tree and put a Dwarf Crimson Pigmy Barberry in their place.

For pictures try www.monrovia.com

And fix the retaining wall.
Green Mountain thank you I just checked them out and that package would look great there. Off to the nursury for pricing. Thanks again!

gene gls
04-12-2006, 08:26 PM
www.hort.uconn.edu/plants

hoyboy
04-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Aw Jeesh... and all this time I've had my eyes on Miss Kim Lilac. And to hear she just got married and is now a Mrs. Another one bites the dust!

hoyboy
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry Dave. Just kidding. Monrovia's site is good. Google Images works good too.

Good Luck!

FERT-TEK
04-12-2006, 09:33 PM
I googled a couple of ideas but it was futile. Monrovia is a much better source.

cgland
04-12-2006, 09:35 PM
How about a website on how to build a garden wall.:rolleyes:

Chris

FERT-TEK
04-12-2006, 10:00 PM
How about a website on how to build a garden wall.:rolleyes:

Chris
I hope that wasn't a shot at me, friend!

I do not claim to be a landscaper or have any real experience. As I said this job is for a neighbor who asked me to dress up the front of his house for him. I plan on suggesting he let me rebuild the wall first but so far that wasn't discussed. All depends on his budget and what his expectaions are.

sheshovel
04-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Do a search on.."Garden Plants for Zone 5" and see what it comes up with

Gmgbo
04-13-2006, 08:35 AM
www.woodyplants.homestead.com

Click on plant lists, there is like 150 different plants on there i believe. It was a site one of my professors made for us to study from.