PDA

View Full Version : Sample Contracts

hect911
04-13-2006, 12:56 AM
I really need a sample contract to use in my business. Would anyone mind sharing a few ideas?

Thanks

BSME
04-13-2006, 09:50 PM
what type of contract??

try searching old threads... a couple guys on here let me steal some of their ideas before

hect911
04-14-2006, 04:14 AM
I made a quick search earlier today, but just found a lot of landscaping contracts and estimate forms.

I need a sample contract with a few disclosure statements that are standard to the irrigation business. By the way, I am only doing residential Sprinkler Installs.

Thanks

telcomac
04-14-2006, 08:53 AM
I use this once in a while, hope it helps.

Critical Care
04-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Be sure to get some feedback from others in Texas, since there could be specific requirements that your contract must lawfully contain.

hect911
04-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Texas Licensed Irrigator, I need your help on this one!

mgarza
10-20-2008, 06:56 PM
IM NEW TO THIS SITE. cAN anYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH A SIMPLE LAWN/LAND MAINTENCAE CONTRACT THAT I CAN USE FOR MY OUT OF TOWN CLIENTS I AM MAINLY DOING VACANT LOT MAINTANCE. SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE. IF ANYONE MINDS SHARING ONE WITH ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

Waterit
10-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Um, this is the IRRIGATION side, try the lawn maintenance side.

BrandonV
10-20-2008, 09:22 PM
no point in using contracts anyway, all they do is bind you homeowner can do whatever they want.

ARGOS
10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
IM NEW TO THIS SITE. cAN anYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH A SIMPLE LAWN/LAND MAINTENCAE CONTRACT THAT I CAN USE FOR MY OUT OF TOWN CLIENTS I AM MAINLY DOING VACANT LOT MAINTANCE. SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE. IF ANYONE MINDS SHARING ONE WITH ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

btw TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS THE SAME AS YELLING. Just thought I would mention that.

Critical Care
10-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Old thread, but worth reviewing.

Tomscreek says no need to use contracts, however depending upon the nature of your work and where you are, by law you may be required to use written contracts. This state, Oregon, is such a state that requires written contracts for irrigation or landscape construction work, and there are specifics that the contracts must contain.

Even if your state doesn't require them, the whole thing about using written contracts is to avoid problems.

hoskm01
10-26-2008, 11:10 PM
All of our maintenance accounts are contracted. They have come in handy numerous times.

CALandscapes
10-26-2008, 11:18 PM
There is certain verbiage that can be used in contracts in order to sway them in the contractor's favor.

For example, our contracts state that if the client fails to pay they (the client) are responsible for all attorney's fees, etc. necessary for the contractor to collect payment under the said contract.

I would advise anyone to either have a lawyer draft, review, or at least offer guidance in the drafting of their contract(s).

Critical Care
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
FWIW, below is what this state requires in contracts and billings. All of this is fairly straight forward. It would be interesting to see what other states require...

Minimum Standards for Written Contracts and Billings

(1) Landscaping contracts and subcontracts shall include, but not be limited to, the following:

(a) Landscape contracting business name, license number, business address and telephone number;

(b) Consumer's name and address;

(c) Address or location of work to be performed if different from the consumer's address;

(d) A list of plant materials, if any, together with the size and quantity;

(e) General description of the work to be performed;

(f) Estimated time for completion or estimated completion date;

(g) Price and payment schedule;

(h) Description of guarantee; if no guarantee such a statement shall be included;

(i) Signatures of the business licensee and consumer;

(j) Statement that the business is licensed by the State Landscape Contractors Board and the current address and phone number of the board.

(2) All billings by a licensed landscape contracting business shall include the following:

(a) Name, address and telephone number of the licensed landscape contracting business;

(b) Name and address of the consumer;

(c) Total contract price and amount paid to date;

(d) The amount now due and the work performed for the amount due.