PDA

View Full Version : looking for ideas for edgeing

topdog
04-13-2006, 06:57 PM
i was asked today buy one of the properties i maintain (day care center) to create a sand area. no biggie, but they don't want me to use landscape timbers or any wood type products to edge the area. our local supplier wasn't able to help. any suggestions? sorry, for the dumb question just looking for ideas.

D and H Seasonal Services
04-13-2006, 09:28 PM
What about useing Trex or another man made replacement for wood??

PSUturf
04-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Trex might be a good idea. How would you secure it to the ground to prevent frost heaving? I would think the day care people might be concerned about spikes or anchoring pins popping up.

dkeisala
04-14-2006, 05:57 PM
OK, this may be stupid but here it goes - how about digging a pit, line the pit with rubber pond liner. Dig a trench around the perimeter and about a foot out from the edges of sand pit. Bringing the pond liner up and over the sides of the pit, ending in the dug trench. Backfill the trench to secure the pond liner in place and fill the pit with sand. No sharp edges, no hard surfaces and no splinters.

Dreams To Designs
04-15-2006, 07:59 AM
How about the rubber edging used for playgrounds. It is often used with rubber mulch and can be obtained from the same suppliers.

http://www.rubberecycle.com/rubber_curbs.htm

Kirk

3Bladz
05-06-2006, 02:16 AM
I've used plastic blocks that are made for this. They are about 24"l x4"w x10"h.
They link together and form curves or whatever you want. Cant think of the name right now. kid forms or something?

on edit - found it childforms makes them. called fun timbers