PDA

View Full Version : Older Bobcat M610 - Any good?

Pecker
04-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Hello all,

Am looking at buying an old Bobat (1972-1982) production years. It is belt driven but has hydros for the business part. Looks to be in decent shape, runs and works, but needs some work, good paint (repainted at one point). Just looking at it for fartin' around in the garden and small house projects.

What would you pay for a unit like this? Were these units decent for their time? Do ya think I'd be buying a bag of problems? Any known problem getting parts for a unit this old?

J&R Landscaping
04-13-2006, 09:54 PM
What kind of engine does it have and how many hours are on it? Whats the seller asking?

Itsgottobegreen
04-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I got a 600M 1971 version of the 610. My grandfather completely rebuilt mine. Its my spare shop machine. Or when you need a little machine.

Those 4 cyclinder wiscons are LOUD!!!!!!!. (mine has like 20 hours on rebuild) Drinks fuel. But has lot of power. Just be easy on them. Rememeber they have a chain final drive hook to two sets of clutchs. So don't jam the controls back and forth. Or you will snap the chain. Not an easy task to fix. There are a lot of them out there. It was one of bobcats most popular machines. So you can get just about any part of them.

Pecker
04-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Great (and fast) feedback. Thank ya'll.

J & R,
It has a Wisconsic V4. He's asking $3950. What would it be worth if it were in tip top shape?

Green,
How does it compare functional-wise to the newer hydros units of comparable size?

Thanks again.

pondfishr
04-13-2006, 10:56 PM
You might want to look on ebay to search and compare the current "bobcats offered for sale" and also closed listings for that model of machine. That should give you a pretty good idea for what it should be worth. The price $3950 sounds like it would be on the high side for the value of that machine. I would think you could get it a little cheaper but most definitely no more. Just my humble opinion.

Itsgottobegreen
04-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Great (and fast) feedback. Thank ya'll.

J & R,
It has a Wisconsic V4. He's asking $3950. What would it be worth if it were in tip top shape?

Green,
How does it compare functional-wise to the newer hydros units of comparable size?

Thanks again.
$3500 max.

It gets the job done. It an't pretty, it an't fast, jerky controls, but it gets it done.