PDA

View Full Version : 21in snapper with the ninja blade

eight1seven
04-15-2006, 01:06 AM
what do ya think of the ninja blade i have it on both of my mowers and im not like ing the idea any thing better out ther? whats a gator blade whatz so special about it?

29 Palms Property Management
04-17-2006, 04:59 PM
what do ya think of the ninja blade i have it on both of my mowers and im not like ing the idea any thing better out ther? whats a gator blade whatz so special about it?
I have the Ninja mulching blade kit on my 33" Snapper Rear engine rider and I love it. Leaves lawns looking clean with no clippings laying on top and it actually stripes pretty good as well. No complaints from me.

ACEMowing
04-29-2006, 11:46 AM
I think the Ninja blade does an awesome job as well. We use them on a 250Z with a 42" deck on a lot of residential yards... and we've used to use them on walk behinds but we switched to the Honda's with the quadra-cut setup which is sort of like the ninja blade but it's 2 regular blades stacked on top of eachother giving it 4 cutting edges and the lower blade has a high lift. The big advantage on the Honda is that it provides great muclhing but also bags real well. With the Ninja on a walk behind Snapper, you have to switch blades if you want to bag or discharge. Also, if you leave the ninja blade on without the discharge mulching cover, it does not cut well at all. I think it need the mulchin plate/cover to create the right air flow.
Either of these blade setups have done a better job for us than the Gator style or a wave mulching blades.
The Gators do a fair job on big riders... the key to their design is that instead of having a sold lift fin, the rake looking teeth fins send some of the grass back into the blade to get cut again instead of throwing it right out. I think they do ok on larger 2 or 3 blade decks (even without a discharge cover) but not as well on single blade decks.
We mow mainly Bermuda grass which is real thick and harder to mulch. The Ninja blade does great on Bermuda but not as well when mowing taller grass like fescue... I don't think it makes enough suction for higher mowing over 2-1/2" or so.