PDA

View Full Version : 2001 F-350

GJB
05-10-2001, 05:32 PM
I am thinking about buying a 2001 powerstroke diesel F-350 4x4 manual transmission and just wanted to here what you guys think of them. Any known problems etc. Thanks.

JD PLOWER
05-11-2001, 02:07 PM
GJB, TRY FORD-DIESEL.COM, you'll find all the info you'll need over there. Good luck!

ENZOFORZA
05-11-2001, 04:39 PM
I Have owned 2 PSD and I just ordered my 3rd (2001 Crewcab lariet) The Ford (International) have a great track record in my book. I have had no problems with the motors. Remember to change the tranny fluid often. The mileage is great for towing/plowing compared to a gasser and you will get most of the money back when you trade it in or sell it. I looked at the Duramax (Chevy) and have heard good things but they are hard to find So i have chosen to stick with what I have had good luck with. My father owns a large construction compay and he has had about 50-60 Psd in the last few years. We have never had any real problems with any of them. Remeber what I said about the Transmissions. also make shure that your air+fuel filters are changed often. They seem to get real crappy Mileage if they start to get dirty.

GJB
05-14-2001, 05:17 PM
ENZOFORZA, I am looking at getting a manual transmission. Are you saying to change the fluid often in a manual or are you referring to an automatic?