PDA

View Full Version : What is best, flyers or door hangers?

Tim Wright
04-16-2006, 09:01 AM
What is best, flyers or door hangers in upscale neighborhoods, for mowing etc, and landscaping?

I have yet to advertise for the Lawn Care & Landscaping business but it is time I do something, to kick my accounts over the edge.

I have done extensive advertising, ei yellow pages, val-pak, etc for photography and video production, and have yet to have it even come close to paying for itself.

Thanks,

Tim

The landscaper
04-16-2006, 09:46 AM
I would think the doorhangers will give you a more professional look. Flyers have been working well for me in nicer developments so far this year. Just something to get your name in front of them.

29 Palms Property Management
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I would think the doorhangers will give you a more professional look. Flyers have been working well for me in nicer developments so far this year. Just something to get your name in front of them.
I also thing that door hangers are a bit more professional. Just place them on the door knob and it looks good. Flyers I don't care for too much. You have to tape them or purchase bags to put the flyers into, or fold flyers in half. I just want people to see an attractive door hanger just hanging there when they see it. Big logo staring right at them and the pitch right to the point. But many people prefer one or the other or both. Maybe try using both methods and see what works the best for you?

Tim Wright
04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Thank you guys.

Door hangers it is.

Now to decide whether to print them myself with MS publisher or order them through a company.

Tim

29 Palms Property Management
04-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Thank you guys.

Door hangers it is.

Now to decide whether to print them myself with MS publisher or order them through a company.

Tim
My opinion, save yourself the time and aggravation, order them. I ordered mine through www.doorhangers.com, paid $189.99 for 5,000 doorhangers. You can check them out and design your own hanger, or use a template they already have and just add your info. Delivery is included, they come cut and ready to hang. You don't have to spend money on ink, card stock or any of that. Just order them and hang them when they get delivered to you.

Tim Wright
04-17-2006, 07:26 PM
My opinion, save yourself the time and aggravation, order them. I ordered mine through www.doorhangers.com, paid $189.99 for 5,000 doorhangers. You can check them out and design your own hanger, or use a template they already have and just add your info. Delivery is included, they come cut and ready to hang. You don't have to spend money on ink, card stock or any of that. Just order them and hang them when they get delivered to you.

That is what I will do. Thanks Doug.

Tim

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
04-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Tim,

We used doorhangers.com as well. It is a pretty good deal.

The landscaper
04-17-2006, 08:14 PM
You would run through a heck of a lot of ink doing them yourself. It would probably save you time and money to get them done.

All_Clear
04-18-2006, 11:31 PM
What is best, flyers or door hangers in upscale neighborhoods, for mowing etc, and landscaping?

I have yet to advertise for the Lawn Care & Landscaping business but it is time I do something, to kick my accounts over the edge.

I have done extensive advertising, ei yellow pages, val-pak, etc for photography and video production, and have yet to have it even come close to paying for itself.

Thanks,

Tim

For an upscale neighborhood my vote is for direct mail (postcard) but door hangers would be second.

All Clear

bullethead
04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Define "upscale" - are you talking $1million + homes? If so, direct mail.