PDA

View Full Version : Homeoner's what's your View?

Holloway Lawns
05-10-2001, 07:37 PM
As a homeowner what do you look for in a lawn or landscaping contractor?

What is your price range you would pay for services?

Describe your lawn size and trees?

What is your income range?

Please explain your answers in detail.

This is so I and others can possibly see what your point of view is and better serve a customers needs. Thank you for your time.

curlawngreen
05-11-2001, 05:44 PM
What type of customer will the client be? Can they spell? Can they take direction from others? Are the client going to be part of the "team"?
Does the client want to tell MOTHER NATURE how to behave?

homemwr
05-15-2001, 09:54 AM
Roger,
I would guess that the people that are looking at this site have no intention of having someone else cut their lawn. I live in Minnesota and have about 1.25 acres. Lots of trees, and not a very nice lawn. I have only lived in the home for 1.5 years, but the lawn is probably original - 1954, and needs some attention. Sorry I couldn't answer your original questions.
Jeff

MGunns
05-15-2001, 02:07 PM
Mr. Holloway,

I agree with 'homemwr' that most homeowners (like me) on this site would not hire a contractor for our lawn, however, for landscaping or any other contractor the following is provided:

Value !!!!! Quality at a reasonable price.

Honest - Friendly - Knowledgeable Service

Income - If this is really important for your survey, please e-mail me, not something that I'd be comfortable putting in this thread.

I believe, based on reading hundreds of threads on this site that the professional's here already know this information. It's like reading a good 'how to' book but better.

One additional point, although I'm sure it's a system restriction, or something on the survey, if able to write my response, instead of multiple choice; it would have said Licensed, Insured, Certified and Job Well Done.

Hope this was of some help, I'm much better at reading (listening) than posting here with all the experts.

Respectfully,

Holloway Lawns
05-15-2001, 10:48 PM
Thank you both for your response. I knew that the homeowners on this site are the type that would not hire one of us but thought I would ask any way. I try to put myself in the spot of the homeowner and look at the estamate from there view as well as my view as the contractor. I try to be fair for both sides. Thanks again.

curlawngreen
05-17-2001, 10:21 PM
Did my responce count? You said thank both of you.

Holloway Lawns
05-17-2001, 11:22 PM
Yes, your response counts to. Thank you.