PDA

View Full Version : Demo # 2 LD CT 322

AWJ Services
04-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I really am disapointed in it.
I guess my expectations were too high.

I will list all the faults as best I can.

1. The cab is very hard too get in and out of
2. The door is a royal pain.It has too be closed for it too move and it also
has to be closed too access the ign key.
3.The seat belt has a ratchet in it that makes it tighten up and not
release and applies alot of pressure on you and if you hit a bump it gets
even tighter.The machine will not move without it on and everytime you
leave the seat the belt must be reattached befor it will move.No cheating.
4.The aux hyd control is actuated by unlocking the right handle and twisting
it left and right.Requires quite a fair amount of pressure too move.
5.The noise.It is almost unbearable.
6.The boom moves left and right whenever you apply any pressure.I had
a bucket of gravel about eye level and as the ground level changed the
bucket swayed left and right.
7.When digging going forward the boom would actually move up as you
applied bucket curl too dig.
8. The machine will not back drag with any bucket down force.On flat
Ground it will but it will not pull any load.
9.The noise it is unbearable.
10.The machine has no hydraulic power.I pulled up too a pile of dirt and it
would not even lift it.The bucket would curl but even then the boom
would not lift.
11.The machine has to be run at wot for it to operate without stalling.
12. The Ac condensor is just waiting to be knocked off.
13.All the controls are just so raw.After using the Takeuchi it was like
stepping back too horse and buggy days

These are just a few of the many things about it that are sub standard.

I was somewhat critical of the TL 140 but after using this machine there is no comparison.
I actually can not conceive how somone would purchase this thing.
I have not found one thing it does well yet except lift more weight than other machines it's size.The noise is unbearable.You cannot even hear the backup beeper it is so loud.
And the seat belt really got tight on me.Very poor design.
The cab is tiny.Reminded me of crawling in a Barrel.

I do not want to offend anybody that owns one .I am only giving my opinion.
I have a 26k sgft sod job too start tomorrw so I will be on it most of the day.We will see.

ksss
04-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Now imagine the boom sway with 1500-2000 hours on it.

AWJ Services
04-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Now imagine the boom sway with 1500-2000 hours on it.

I asked the salesman about the wear and tear on the boom from grading and he said when you drop the boom all the way down for grading it will be supported by the frame allowing the load too be taken off the boom and linkage.
The only problem is as you curl the bucket down to dig it actually picks the boom up off the support pads.

ksss
04-17-2006, 11:06 PM
I think running a breaker or simply load and carry operations over rough ground will take its toll on the loader arm linkage. It just does not appear to be built for very demanding applications. Any luck finding a CASE tracked machine to run?

qps
04-17-2006, 11:13 PM
I think running a breaker or simply load and carry operations over rough ground will take its toll on the loader arm linkage. It just does not appear to be built for very demanding applications. Any luck finding a CASE tracked machine to run?

CASE makes a track machine:waving:

bobcatboy
04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
yeah I tested one of deere's machine and I have to agree with you about the noise. They ARE VERY LOUD. The hydrollic noise is unreal. The controls are to hard to actuate.

Caribbean Breeze
04-17-2006, 11:34 PM
After having a chance to run a 322ct, I decided that it was a machine that we will not purchase becuase of the following factors

Boom Sway
Noise
Cab & cab door
Hydraulic performance

The comparison with a Takeuchi is obvious that the Takeuchi is easier on the operator. Deere definately has a long way to go...

Case has the strongest booms in the business, Bobcat admits this in sales training classes. After 3000 hrs on a 60XT and very little boom sway...
Case makes very rugged booms...:usflag:

Caribbean Breeze

Scag48
04-17-2006, 11:42 PM
The Case tracked machines look like the cat's meow. If we were shopping for a CTL, I would definately look at Case.

bobcatboy
04-17-2006, 11:49 PM
After having a chance to run a 322ct, I decided that it was a machine that we will not purchase becuase of the following factors

Boom Sway
Noise
Cab & cab door
Hydraulic performance

The comparison with a Takeuchi is obvious that the Takeuchi is easier on the operator. Deere definately has a long way to go...

Case has the strongest booms in the business, Bobcat admits this in sales training classes. After 3000 hrs on a 60XT and very little boom sway...
Case makes very rugged booms...:usflag:

Caribbean Breezeyeah you are right about them bieng very stout but case needs to work on there control levers. I ran one and those controls were just to hard to get-in the groove in one

Caribbean Breeze
04-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Awj,

Have you looked at the RC85 from ASV?

Keep in mind that the track life is better (track is more expensive as well) but it is a very good option to try. If not - Take....your hoochie!!!!!!!!

Bobcatboy,

I hear you man, they are working on it so maybe by 3rd quarter.

Caribbean Breeze:waving:

Tigerotor77W
04-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Mmm, I like this thread.

But Scag, what happened to your suspended UC dreams? :D

thepawnshop
04-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Hell, I love my 322...but then again, I never tried a Takeuchi. No offense taken...you know what they say about opinions..we all have em and I am glad as hell we have this board to share them (that isn't what they REALLY say but I am being sincere). Truth be told, I have to agree with a good bit of what you are saying...owning one or not. I really HATE the cab. It just doesn't make sense...for example...why the hell did they put the grid INSIDE the cab and the windows outside? Makes cleaning the inside glass near impossible unless you spray it with a hose. And the safety features (door closed, seatbelt hooked) are pretty irritating too. And the controls ARE antiquated.

But if I had to do it all over again, I would STILL by my Deere. It has done everything I have needed it to and then some plus I get excellent support as well.

It is obvious you know your machines! Good luck on your final decision...I'd love to know which way you end up going.

ksss
04-18-2006, 01:24 AM
CASE makes a track machine:waving:

Great, a historian and a comedian!:cool2:

Scag48
04-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Mmm, I like this thread.

But Scag, what happened to your suspended UC dreams? :D

I took a hard look at Case skid steers when I was shopping for a yard machine last week. They really are well built machines, but the control systems are outdated. Once they fix that, watch out. As far as Cat's suspended system, I like the smooth ride and I do like the fact that there's no steel in the rubber to "blow up". Honestly, for outright ruggedness, Case wins. For smooth ride and the "Cadillac" feel, Cat wins hands down. It really depends on the application.

Oh yeah, Doug, I beat you to a 12 ton machine! :cool2:

thepawnshop
04-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Oh yeah, Doug, I beat you to a 12 ton machine! :cool2:

Yes you did, buddy! I just got sidetracked with this whole telehandler bit. I found one and will take care of the paperwork once I get back from the Deere headquarters on Thursday. I'll share some pics once the deal is done...and hope you will too. Guess this means you aren't coming to Roanoke, VA to run any of my equipment, eh? Seriosuly Scag, I am very happy for you!

qps
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Great, a historian and a comedian!:cool2:

Keeping my day job:drinkup:

Scag48
04-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't you guys have work to do? :rolleyes::laugh:

Doug, when are you getting the telehandler?

AWJ Services
04-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I actually will be calling the Case dealer tomorrow.

I started today with a clean slate with the JD and actually did a fair amount of work.
If it had pilot controls and did not have the hyd noise I might consider it.
You definantly have too approach things different than with the TL 140 .
The boom sway is really bad though.
One more thing is that when my foot is on the bucket pedals it hiots the cab when moving the pedals so I ended up have too constantly move my foot.

I have looked at the ASV but have only heard rumors of the RC85's price but with the TL140 selling with cab air at 45k it is making it hard for me too not buy it.
Everything that is similar is more expensive.

The machine I purchase will be a dirt mover first.
The JD is just not that.
If I were a person that needed a small machine too move heavy weights and be versatile I can see were it would be enticing.
It just will not cut the mustard as a grading machine.

I would like too also add this is not biased review about the machine.
I have no favorite yet.

I also have a feeling that no machine is perfect.:)

I find Pilot controls more too my liking but within a few hours I had the foot things figured out.
It was really fatiuging though compared too Pilot control.

I rode my twin boys around in the TL140 with them standing in front of the lap bar.Talk about room.:drinkup:

Also guys all demos are strictly rated by the machines abilty too dig,final grade and clear small trees .
That is all I need that machine for.

Thanks again guys and I am on too my next demo.

ksss
04-18-2006, 11:29 PM
I also find this thread interesting. It is interesting hearing a "nonaffiliated" view on different machines.

AWJ Services
04-19-2006, 07:31 AM
I also find this thread interesting. It is interesting hearing a "nonaffiliated" view on different machines.

If I based my purchase off of service alone it would be a Cat or a Deere.

I however have decided too not too base my decision solely on this.
My opinion is that I have too use it everyday and I also have too pay for it so it has too be what I think is the best machine.

We all have our favorites .:)

Squizzy246B
04-19-2006, 08:32 AM

Yes Siiirree...you can say that again.

thepawnshop
04-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Doug, when are you getting the telehandler?

Scag, I am on the way back from a 2 day tour of Deere's headquarters in Moline, I'LL. If all goes well with the bank, we should have a deal finalized tommorrow and delivery by the end of next week. I'll post pics when it comes in!

Scag48
04-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Awesome! We got delayed a week, our sales guy didn't forward me a spec sheet like he promised and I just happened to be talking to my dad over the phone and asked him to check out the sheet to see what the shoe size was because I just assumed our sales guy would have automatically spec'd 24' shoes, that's usually what everyone buys on 12 ton machine for width restrictions. 28" on the sheet, CRAP. Found out today it'll take them a week or so to remove the 28" tracks off our machine and put the 24" tracks we need on. We have a job we're starting this weekend, they're giving us a 312 to use until ours shows up for free. Gotta love Cat.

thepawnshop
04-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Gotta love Cat.

Gotta love service! It all comes down to dealer support....you get it with Cat and that is awesome. I get it from Deere.

Man, I'm at a layover in Richmond and making posts....I need a life!

AWJ Services
04-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Called the Case guy today and he has a 440 I can demo.
The 50% tip is only 2200 but it has a ton of HP.
I spent an hour on the phone with a grading companies owner that is at his whits end with Bobcat.
He has purchased 5 T300 machines over the last several years and has had repetitive drive motor failures and is ready too change.He also spoke of the fatiuge factor with the non pilot controls.
He went into detail with warranty repair time frames and really has convinced me not too call them.
He is not the only one either.

It all comes down to dealer support

I actually used too think that also.
But if you buy a machine that gives little trouble why would you need it?
I cannot accept an inferior machine just because they have great service.

I will sleep on it tonight ,but the TL 140 may be mine tomorrow.
If the case had Pilot it would be a serious contender.

ksss
04-19-2006, 11:58 PM
The CASE pilot machines are very close to shipping. Is the 440 he is sending a tracked machine? If so it will be one of the first. With a 2200 ROC it sounds like a wheeled machine. I would really like to hear from someone who has run one of the production machines. Mechanically the 440 CT prototype was awesome. It has some ergonomic issues to work out. I would really like to hear what they have come up with. If may request. Get a Demo.

Craftybigdog
04-20-2006, 07:49 AM
I got rid of my Deere 317 and it was just like the 322 just not tracked. Arent they noisy machines. I bought a bobcat A300 and I love it.

AWJ Services
04-20-2006, 09:34 PM
If so it will be one of the first. With a 2200 ROC it sounds like a wheeled machine

I think that is what he did.

The 440 is a tracked machine.

Not sure if it is a prototype or production machine.