PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried this?

KillaWhale
04-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Ever tried putting fliers on cars at the mall or something. It has got to work or the local resturants would not do it every weekend. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks guys.

toac
04-18-2006, 02:52 PM
i don't know if it works, but i hate it when people touch my truck to put an advertisement on it

LindblomRJ
04-18-2006, 05:07 PM
If someone leaves something on my door of my house or window of my vehicle it is promptly disposed of with out so much as reading it. I don't do well with the sort of advertising... It is a waste of my time.

Flyers are not a good idea by my book.

All_Clear
04-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Ever tried putting fliers on cars at the mall or something. It has got to work or the local restaurants would not do it every weekend. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks guys.

Your targeted area will be to widely scattered. The reason it works for a restaurant is because they are in 1 location and customers come to them.

Your target could be from anywhere, out of town, scattered, out of state. I wouldn't recommend it considering you want a tight route to make the best money. People don't take to lightly to someone messing with their auto.

All Clear

mikestr
04-19-2006, 01:13 PM
I placed them at the local train station in my town and I got 5 responses from approx. 200 flyers on their car. 1 was from the train authority, 3 were inquiries and landed 1 $1100 4hr job. It works, sometimes.

Bustus
04-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I have never done it but, depending where you live, I can't see it being to effective. Most people don't seem to read them. Maybe if you did it in the parking lot convention with lots of wealthy, lazy people.

mrbray101
04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I think this would work during the slow months when your not mowing a lot for one time jobs such as small landscaping, clean ups, hedge trimming, etc. But like others said, most people do not like their vehicles to be messed with regardless of the reason. I would guess a high percentage would not even look at the flyer, just trash it or throw it on the ground. I think doorhangers would work better in a targetted area but I think you want to do the flyers because it is fast. good luck to you.

Coreyb
04-19-2006, 04:31 PM
you will promptly get a call from the store/restaurant/mall asking you to stop. many large stores such as lowes or home depot post signs that say no soliciting, etc. besides, it's kind of tacky. i would never hire someone that put a flier on my truck.

topsites
04-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Don't do it, it doesn't work.

Paradise Landscapes
04-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Don't do it, it doesn't work.

You are absolutly right! Been there done that. It doesn't work. People throw them on the gound, the next day they call you to stop and to make you pick them up. The one's that were salvagable went to other places.
Try leaving them in laundromats.

Coreyb
04-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Around Here, People That Use Laundrymat's Aren't The Kind Of Folks That Need Or Would Hire A Lco. Most Are Apartment Renters.

Paradise Landscapes
04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I landed 6 jobs so far. I posted the one install on "my few recents" here on LS. You'll be suprized who may call you. I live with my parents and our washer died and we use the laundromat. We also found out it was cheaper than using more water and electricity to run washer.

Coreyb
04-23-2006, 06:52 PM
good point. i'm hitting the laundrymat's tomorrow.

Paradise Landscapes
04-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Coryb
Don't expect calls just to rush in. I had it there for 2 months. Put them on the boards with thumb tacks. Leave them on table = Trash can