PDA

View Full Version : Split Load dump trucks

Imulchmore
04-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I am in the market for a new dump preferably a f-650 or a LCF L55. But I am having trouble locating Info on the dump body. Anyone know the manufacture of the split load dumps

Travel'n Trees
04-25-2006, 04:25 AM
Why buy Ford dump? They don't allow hauling of rock, coal, mulch, or dirt?? What do you haul?

Imulchmore
04-26-2006, 10:18 AM
What? I dont quite understand

Travel'n Trees
04-27-2006, 12:20 AM
5 differet FORD dealers and corporate all have stated this. Did you know that if you plug your cell phone into a ciggarette lighter instead of the power port it can void your warranty. It is in your owners manual. It isn't worth saving a few dollars up front. You will lose in fuel and repairs. Their warranty just doesn't cut it.

Itsgottobegreen
04-27-2006, 12:25 AM
International 4300 or 4700 with a DT466 engine is going to be your best friend.

Best small big dump trucks ever built. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Travel'n Trees
04-27-2006, 03:24 AM
I currently own those 2 and a duramax, I'm sticking with the duramax.

Imulchmore
04-27-2006, 11:42 AM
My International is in the shop at this very minute. Every 5 minutes there is another thing wrong with it. I finally found a guy local to work on it. Last year it was the map sensor. Truck kept on shutting down while driving. This time I thought it was the trans it would not shift out of first. Its is only a shifting module ....Thank God... I dont even want to think about what a new trans would cost me. Dont get me wrong I love my International but forget about getting a appoinment with a dealer it is 2 to 3 weeks sometimes.

Gravel Rat
04-27-2006, 08:29 PM
I personally would stay away from the F-650 Ford if you want a decent budget medium duty dump look at a Sterling Acterra. You can get them in any single axle gvw from 18000lbs to 35,000lbs and you can get the C-7 Cat and or the ISC Cummins (8.3).

After looking over the new Internationals I'am not impressed if I was really looking for a good single axle dump brand new it would be a T-300 Kenworth they are a little pricey but you get what you pay for.

As for split load box why do you want one if your customer wants 2 different materials you make two different trips.

You may have to have a landscape dump body with some dividers built into it.

Dirty Water
04-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Freightliner FL-60's are pretty affordable single axles.

http://images.traderonline.com/img/4/dealer/4741182/82276738_1.jpg

Gravel Rat
04-27-2006, 10:41 PM
The little business class trucks are good I haven't seen any of the M2 series that replaced the FL series yet. The Sterlings Acterra and the Sterling Ls are the replacements for the Louis Fords.

Jpocket
05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I would go with either a GMC or International, both PROVEN and time tested medium duty trucks, and the DT466 has been around for decades, as well a GMC with a small CAT.

FANS
05-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Call Eby Body in Blue Ball outside of Ephrata. They can build whatever you want, as long as it's aluminum. Don't have their number handy, just google them.

griffin_73
07-07-2007, 06:00 PM
instead of puttin a split load dump body on have ne of you ever thought of putting a multi lift system on it. cost a little more but then you have one truck that you xcan use for every possible thing and if you have more then one job goin on at a time you just drop and bin with the supply of at the site and let the crew deal with that and you move on to the next bin

BrandonV
07-07-2007, 06:57 PM
i think that the internationals and the fords are the same thing with different body work... both are manufactures by "bluediamond" a collaboration between ford and int. I just bought a new derated f750 great truck and the lease is a good value

bishoplandscape
07-08-2007, 08:50 PM
sometimes i wish my dump was a split loader but what can you do. I see no one under stands what it does but if you deliver a lot of supplies and 2 costumers want 3 yards of mulch each and there both in the same direction why would you want to make 2 trips such a wast of time and fuel. Its the difference between making a good profit or not making very much at all.