PDA

View Full Version : BrickGrip

bigviclbi
04-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Did anybody buy a pair at MAHTS? I want to order a pair, wondering who got them and how they like them. For those of you who have never seen them go to thebrickgrip.com and watch the video. Looks like a handy tool.

Drafto
04-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Did anybody buy a pair at MAHTS? I want to order a pair, wondering who got them and how they like them. For those of you who have never seen them go to thebrickgrip.com and watch the video. Looks like a handy tool.

If I remember right they were $300 for a pair? I bought a paver cart instead, for $1000. The cart carries 3 times as much and will pay for itselkf faster. Ideally I guess it would be best to have a cart to bring them close to the face and the grips to hand them off to the layers. I am a fan of my paver cart though, a huge fan.

Dan

bigviclbi
04-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Do the paver carts work well on gravel and dirt? Too many of my jobs aren't straight big lays, I always thought they wouldn't do well "offroad". The brickgrips are more like 370 a pair, and I'm pretty much gonna buy a set if I don't get any negative feedback.

Drafto
04-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Do the paver carts work well on gravel and dirt? Too many of my jobs aren't straight big lays, I always thought they wouldn't do well "offroad". The brickgrips are more like 370 a pair, and I'm pretty much gonna buy a set if I don't get any negative feedback.

This is the hill the pavercart went up and down................so yes, it does well offroad.

kris
04-19-2006, 07:13 AM
I Love the looks of that!

Dreams To Designs
04-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Vic, I know these aren't as fancy, nor as expensive, but take a look at these brick carriers or brick tongs. They can be purchased at any masonry supplier.
http://www.capcityequipment.com/mbmothers.html

I have been using ones just like the 2300 for many years. They will expand enough to carry as much as you can hold, when using one for each hand.

Kirk

bigviclbi
04-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Krik-Do you grab the pavers horizontally off the cube? They don't sell them at Clayton Block as far as I know, and that's my local concrete comp. Where do you get them near me?

Dreams To Designs
04-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Vic, you do have to flip the pavers on their side or you can slide in from the side of the cube, if they are stacked vertically. Usually the brick suppliers have them, Clayton should, but not with the paver equipment. You can easily mail order or buy from an internet supplier. I get them at Fazzio's or Key supply. usually between $15 & $20.

Kirk

bigviclbi
04-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Well I just ordered a pair and now I'll see if I can get one of the cheaper versions from Clayton as well. Now I just need to add the cost to the job I'm going to do an estimate for today.

cgland
04-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Dan - Seems you are doing a bit of hijacking yourself!

Chris

Drafto
04-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Dan - Seems you are doing a bit of hijacking yourself!

Chris

I learned from one of the best :rolleyes:

Dan

kris
04-26-2006, 07:03 AM

Did you buy a pair?

bigviclbi
04-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Well broke them out today. No good on the 6x9's, but they were great on the 6x6's. It took me about 20 minutes of cursing to get the hang of it, but once i got the hang of it I moved 4 cubes in about 3.5 hours? It definately is better than carrying them, and you probably could use them in conjuction with a paver cart.

Drafto
04-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Well broke them out today. No good on the 6x9's, but they were great on the 6x6's. It took me about 20 minutes of cursing to get the hang of it, but once i got the hang of it I moved 4 cubes in about 3.5 hours? It definately is better than carrying them, and you probably could use them in conjuction with a paver cart.

When you say you moved 4 cubes in 3.5 hours what exactly do you mean? Moved them around back through a gate? Or moved them from the cube to the laying face? And what did you end up buying, the actual grabbers or the ones Kirk suggested?

Dan