View Full Version : water in oil

05-11-2001, 10:25 PM
Well, drained my oil to replace it today and found grey swirls in it. I guess it's probably time for a new head gasket. I can replace the h gasket but is there a way I can test the block and head for cracks without having to send it off to get magna-fluxed?


05-13-2001, 04:34 AM
You can do a leak down test, pressurize the combustion chamber with an aircompressor. Its a device with two gauges and you pressurize the cylinders with a certain psi. After it gets pressurized the air goes through various places, if the rings are bad you can hear it coming out from the oil filler cap or pvc.

jc whitney sells it and some auto parts stores sells the item. There should be some instructions on them. I cant remember what is suppose to happen for bad gaskets, water bubbling??