PDA

View Full Version : Z Tine Rake Dethatchers

mindset063
04-19-2006, 10:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used or heard about a tine rake dethatcher for a Z. If so, let me know what you think!

Runner
04-20-2006, 03:52 AM
Are you talking about the JRCO rakes?

cgreen454
04-20-2006, 09:03 AM
The JRCO tine rake is easily one of the best purchases I have made. For cleanups it elminates about 95% of raking. For dethatching, go over the lawn in 3 or 4 different directions, and the results are very good. Just be prepared for a mountain of thatch to get rid of.

Wow, that sounded like a commercial...it's been a great addition to the toolset.

mindset063
04-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Well... I'm doing alot of dethatching and using a craftsman rider with a pull behind tine rake. Just looking for something a bit more efficient.

dcondon
04-20-2006, 11:42 PM
we use our JRCO tine rake all the time. Works good!!! Just don't buy the leaf plow!!!! JMO:)

JCee
04-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I typically use and 19 inch power rake which works great, but today I had a huge job (1.5 acres) and just couldnt fathom pushing that whole thing and then mowing over it again. So, I called a buddy in the business who has a 60 inch JRCO front mount dethatch attachment, and I gotta say I was pretty impressed. It didnt pull up as much as my power rake, but it did pull up enough to let the customer know that work was being done. It also laid out very nice stripes. For big lawns I would say it is a necessity. For small do-able lawns the power rake is still the best for me....I guess both would be perfect...$$$$

blakeg314
04-21-2006, 12:30 AM
we use our JRCO tine rake all the time. Works good!!! Just don't buy the leaf plow!!!! JMO:)

lol hes right.. listen to him and dont buy the plow- JRCO tine rake is the way to go