PDA

View Full Version : !st customer confrontation of the season

StBalor
04-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Well i been cutting this ladies yard for 3 years now. I go to her yard today, for the 2nd cut of the season. I am trimming the house across the street and see her talking to my helper. I walk over and ask her what if anything is wrong? she says she does not want the back cut today, she says it has not grown much. I said ok, if thats what you want. we talk a little more and then she asks, well what do i owe you today? I said the same as always, 35.00. She gasps, you are still gonna charge me the same amount and not cutting the back? I said, Yes ma'am, we agreed on a price and it and if i ride out here it will be the same amount wether i just cut half or the whole yard. She asks, How do you stay in Business charging people for price for half the work? I ask, how to i feed my 3 children if i don't. if it costs me 5.00 in gas to get here, pay my helper 9.00 per hr. and then you tell me to cut half and only expect me to charge half.
She then says, well i don't think i will need your services anymore after this week. I said ok, i hate to lose you.
She then walks me around to the back yard and has me look at it, it needs cutting i tell her. She says i guess your right, and if i am paying full price you might as well cut it.
I said ok, and told her i hated losing her business. She says oh never mind me, just come back as scheduled.

Adam3669
04-19-2006, 10:05 PM
:hammerhead:

sheshovel
04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: See how good that worked?You kept your cool..did not loose your temper or take it personaly..communicated with the customer..you both got what you wanted and you retained her as a customer..I give you and A+ in customer ccommunication and interaction!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
See that guys..He found out what the customer was thinking,he told her right then and there it would cost her the same..instead of saying it on his bill later,he lost the job but it did not deture him,he came right back and said"I hate to loose you"then went to see if the problem about the back being mowed was really a problem at all.It was not..he then communicated THAT fact to the customer and the problem was resolved and he retained the job!This IS how it should be done!!

Watkinslawnservice
04-19-2006, 10:53 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: See how good that worked?You kept your cool..did not loose your temper or take it personaly..communicated with the customer..you both got what you wanted and you retained her as a customer..I give you and A+ in customer ccommunication and interaction!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
See that guys..He found out what the customer was thinking,he told her right then and there it would cost her the same..instead of saying it on his bill later,he lost the job but it did not deture him,he came right back and said"I hate to loose you"then went to see if the problem about the back being mowed was really a problem at all.It was not..he then communicated THAT fact to the customer and the problem was resolved and he retained the job!This IS how it should be done!!

AMEN BROTHER!

work_it
04-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Well done StBalor.

sheshovel
04-19-2006, 11:01 PM
SISTER.....................

HOOLIE
04-19-2006, 11:49 PM
I had almost a carbon-copy experience today as well. These customers...it's April for crying out loud...not July...the stuff grows, needs to be cut.

I don't know what my customer will do, I cut it (had already been there 5 minutes when she came out). She seemed to agree with me but felt the hubby would not... Ultimately these are NOT the type clients I want. You want people that hire you to take care of their lawn because you're the lawn professional. You don't want people that micromanage your time at their property, if they have a complex about their grass they should do it themselves...

Bustus
04-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Good job guys. It's amazing what you learn with experience when dealing with customers. Most in that situation would just charge half or lose the customer. :clapping:

Absolute Weed C
04-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Now, thats how a professional does it..... Proud of ya :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Watkinslawnservice
04-20-2006, 08:02 PM
SISTER.....................

Yes maam, sorry maam

sheshovel
04-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Is ok Watkins..easy mistake to make..you are forgiven...but Please don't call me Maam...She or Sheshovel is just fine.

greenjack
04-20-2006, 09:47 PM
It sounds like that customer had a mood swing.
nice work!

bobbygedd
04-20-2006, 09:57 PM
so, if i understand this correctly......it's only april. you had an agreement with her, which, by the looks of the calender, was an agreement that was discussed, not very long ago. and, she has ALREADY made a feeble attempt to break your agreement? and it's ONLY the 3rd week in april? and these suckers are telling you "good work" by keeping her? tell ya what, it's april 20th. touch base with me on sept 1st, tell me how things worked out. i got a fin that says she breaks your agreement, again

Tn Lawn Man
04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I tend to agree with Bobby on this one.

I bet she drops you by then end of the season. Sorry, not meant to be rude. But, now she is in the shopping for a new service mindset.

Watkinslawnservice
04-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Is ok Watkins..easy mistake to make..you are forgiven...but Please don't call me Maam...She or Sheshovel is just fine.

Yes maa...........I mean Sheshovel.

grasswhacker
04-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Bravo!!! Way to flex that Muscle.:weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:
Had you given in you would have had this problem over and over again.
I had a client who wanted Jr. to cut their lawn in the summer when school was out (easiest time), and I would do it in spring and fall. I told him I understand, but that this is my business not a part time job, and that I would not be able mow their lawn under those terms, nor any other services. He ask for some time to think about it. A week later he called and wanted me to continue unabated. I guess Jr. didn't want to do it that badly. :laugh:

StBalor
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
so, if i understand this correctly......it's only april. you had an agreement with her, which, by the looks of the calender, was an agreement that was discussed, not very long ago. and, she has ALREADY made a feeble attempt to break your agreement? and it's ONLY the 3rd week in april? and these suckers are telling you "good work" by keeping her? tell ya what, it's april 20th. touch base with me on sept 1st, tell me how things worked out. i got a fin that says she breaks your agreement, again

I see where your coming from Bobby. But i did cut for her for the past few years and without 1 problem. But we shall see.
OH and congrats on your 10,000 post.

dKoester
04-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Great job sticking to your guns in a professional manner.