PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clue me in?

True Harbor
04-20-2006, 12:21 AM
I dont understand why a lot of people think flyers are so unprofessional. Whats the difference between getting a postcard in the mail or hanging a flyer on the door. Even if you mail many people may still see it as junk mail along with the other ten pieces of mail you may receive for the day. Is it that one is more junk than the other or people don't appreciate flyers and would rather have it in their mail?

sooner74
04-20-2006, 12:26 AM
JMO, door hangers a the way to go. Potential customer usually is only pulling one from the door which gives them a chance to look at it versus the 3 plus pieces of junk mail in their mailbox.

rickt
04-20-2006, 12:33 AM
I dont understand why a lot of people think flyers are so unprofessional.

There unprofessional because its just another way to litter someone's door with junk. Larger companies like KFC, Pizza Hut, etc do it but there stuff is coupons, not flyers.

Whats the difference between getting a postcard in the mail or hanging a flyer on the door. Even if you mail many people may still see it as junk mail along with the other ten pieces of mail you may receive for the day.

Not really, it depends on how you market your postcard. We mail out postcards in neon orange/bright lime/sun yellow/ hot neon and our turnaround is 10 calls per 250 cards, thats not bad IMO. Sure the paper looks unprofessional that its printed on but it seems to be getting peoples attention. Its not everyday you get a postcard in neon orange.

HOOLIE
04-20-2006, 01:05 AM
[B] Larger companies like KFC, Pizza Hut, etc do it but there stuff is coupons, not flyers.

Uh...so the coupons make it OK???? It's all advertising. I don't understand why someone would think flyers are unprofessional.

FireManPhil
04-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I thought the same think to, that is until everyone on here convinced me that that was the way to get business. Then I was paasing some out and saw TGCL dooing the same thing. The are a huge company so you know if they are doing it it MUST work.

lwcmattlifter
04-20-2006, 09:48 AM
I think what they mean is black and white fliers printed on 20lb printer paper, using Microsoft word and clip art look bad. I've received full color, glossy heavy bond paper fliers on my doorstep that look as good as door hangers. Door hangers have a better chance on staying on the door if its raining or windy.

Desertdweller
04-20-2006, 10:28 AM
I think one of the big things about fliers is anyone can do it. Many fly by night and lowball companies do it so it gives it a bad name. When you mail something you have to spend more time and money so anyone mailing would hopefully be a more serious company. I know I just trash fliers that come to my house.

Dunn's
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
The reason they say it is unprofessional is also because have you went to put a door hanger on there door and see 20-30 rubber bands still stuck to the doorknob all corroded it just looks bad.

Badgerz
04-20-2006, 11:22 AM
The reason they say it is unprofessional is also because have you went to put a door hanger on there door and see 20-30 rubber bands still stuck to the doorknob all corroded it just looks bad.

Well that's just because the people are plain lazy.