PDA

View Full Version : What a night!

DanaMac
04-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Got a call at 8:25 pm from my employee
"Dude, don't get mad, I just left my last appointment." He told me he was tired of us going to these crappy repair jobs, not being able to fix them at that time due to time constraints and other appointments, so he decided to keep working and finish this POS. The customer told him, just do it, do it right, and bill me. So he kept working until it was done. Great employee. 12 hour day.

Got a call at 8:35 pm, from same employee
"Dude, I was just in an accident" After asking if he was all right, I asked what happened, "Some ****** bag just turned in front of me". His words, not mine. Guy made a right turn from the left lane cutting in front of my guy in right lane. So I rushed down there after calling cops for him (phone was dieing), and still beat the cops there. I had to flag one down, and tell him we needed help. The guy causing the accident left the scene 5 minutes after the accident. Now it's 2 counts of hit and run - another vehicle was involved.

So now he is driving my new truck for a few days. Truck was spewing oil, tranny fluid, coolant, and probably some windshield washer fluid for good measure. I hope the frame is bent and they total it. '97 Ford F-150 with 188,000 miles. Plenty of dents and dings. So his day is either totally shot tomorrow, or at the least half canceled. I am going to slow us down, and take no new customers for a while. Tony and Tom, you might get a few more referrals from us.

Other than that my day was fairly good. Not too profitable due to another job that I'm not billing since the hubby died over the winter. But it was a decent day until that. Home earlier than usual, dinner was made, not too many calls to return.

Flow Control
04-20-2006, 05:50 AM
Hows this night (& past couple of days): Finished installing 160 zone com job. Source of electric was not in the scope of work, but they told us where it would be. Now that the job has been done for a few days the grass is starting to die and no source of electric. So I spend all night on the phone with some big wigs: they are asking me questions such as lets just use a marine battery and bury it in the ground and then they asked well we don't want to have our maint. dept. trying to manually turn on 160 valves so can you reduce it to like 15 or so. What do you say?? :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

SprinklerGuy
04-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Who is Tom? ;)

Shouldn't you drive the new truck? I'll keep my eye out for him next couple of days...thanks for the referrals....it will all work out, always does. We need beers....lots of 'em.

DanaMac
04-20-2006, 08:10 AM
I've sent a few install and landscaping referrals to Tom - GroundMaster. Also given his # for a couple repairs (along with yours so don't get cranky). Not sure if they called him.

Beers would be nice, but probably not going to happen until mid-May as it looks like my weekends are going to be full for a while.

I didn't have time to empty out my older truck which I drive, then go down to the accident. I just took the new truck, Windy follwed me, we unloaded the wrecked one into the new one, and then we drove home. So when I find some time (yeah right), we'll switch it out.

DanaMac
04-26-2006, 10:34 PM
The insurance company for the guy who caused the wreck is taking care of everything. They have rented us a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton until our truck is finshed 2-3 weeks from now.

Still haven't found out if the jerk was arrested.

PurpHaze
04-27-2006, 08:08 AM
The insurance company for the guy who caused the wreck is taking care of everything. They have rented us a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton until our truck is finshed 2-3 weeks from now.

Still haven't found out if the jerk was arrested.

Good to see that things are coming along and that you're not getting totally screwed on the whole thing. :clapping: