PDA

View Full Version : How do these prices sound to you all?

KeenanB
04-20-2006, 01:13 PM
As far as commercial grade mowers, I am rather limited in my area. Within a 1 hr driving radius, I know of 2 for sure, maybe 3, different places to get commercial mowers. Trimmers and the like are a bit easier to find and more places offer service. I was talking to one on the phone a couple of days ago doing some price checking. I asked him if he had any good, used walkbehinds. He told me he did not, however he did have to that were last year's models. Both less have less than 30hrs on them. What he told me he had was a 2005Scag hydro 52" and an Exmark 36" Metro belt drive. Now, on the Scag, I know he told me the engine was one size smaller than the new engine size, hence the reason he didn't/couldn't sell it. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what engine he told me it did have. Perhaps one of you all will know what I am talking about. Anyway, the prices he told me were $5000 for the Scag, and $2499 for the Exmark. How do those sound to you all? Too high? Just right? Should I be leary of what he is telling me because the prices sound too low? (I don't think that's the case, but, just thought I would throw it out there)

Anything you can share would be great!

Thanks!

Jake's Lawn Service
04-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Those sound like last years prices, I would try and get them down a bit. Both are good brands, though

lwcmattlifter
04-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Those sound like last years prices, I would try and get them down a bit. Both are good brands, though

Yeah, so isn't it better to pay last years prices than this years? You wont find a better deal on the 36" Metro. You might be able to get the dealer to go $4800 on the Scag but don't count on it.

ebeirsdorfer
04-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I was looking into the Metro and the 36" MRSP for this year was 2,399. If it's a year old the price should be lower.