PDA

View Full Version : How much area will 1 yard of mulch cover...

Killswitch
04-20-2006, 08:30 PM
In square feet...3 inches deep or thereabouts.

I know its been covered before but me and the search feature dont get along.

Thanks!

TURF DOCTOR
04-20-2006, 09:26 PM
One yard of mulch will cover 3 by 3 feet and 3 inches deep.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-20-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure if some members were joking around or are just really bad at math. :hammerhead: :clapping: :hammerhead:

In any event a cubic yard of mulch will cover approximately 100 square feet at a coverage rate of 3".

work_it
04-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Where in the heck did all the other responses go? I thought it was against LawnSite's own rules to remove posts or are we experiencing more server problems? Were the rules rewritten recently, or are the moderators picking and choosing which posts to remove upon their own discretion? Sure...most of the responses didn't answer his question, but it's not like we were being nasty like some of the other threads with outrageously rude comments...which haven't been deleted. So, what's up with that?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Where in the heck did all the other responses go? I thought it was against LawnSite's own rules to remove posts or are we experiencing more server problems? Were the rules rewritten recently, or are the moderators picking and choosing which posts to remove upon their own discretion? Sure...most of the responses didn't answer his question, but it's not like we were being nasty like some of the other threads with outrageously rude comments...which haven't been deleted. So, what's up with that?

Yeah I was like the 12 post in this thread, now I'm 3rd. :dizzy:
I was the only one with a correct response though.

upidstay
04-21-2006, 07:53 AM
There is a mulch calculator under to the "Free Tools" tab at the top of the page. Try that.

Dirty Water
04-22-2006, 02:37 PM

the mods here delete posts without any reasion or warning. Get used to it, its happened to me a bunch too.

DESTEFANO3782
04-27-2006, 08:55 PM
10x15 Feet 150 Square 2 Inches Deep

sheshovel
04-27-2006, 09:08 PM
One yard of mulch will cover 3 by 3 feet and 3 inches deep.

How did you come up with that Turfdoctor????

hosejockey2002
04-28-2006, 01:39 AM
This is why they teach us to do story problems in the fifth grade.....:dizzy:

dfischer
04-28-2006, 03:10 AM
Killswitch:

I'm no lawnpro, but this "seems" like basic math. A cubic yard is 1 yard wide, 1 yard deep, and 1 yard long. Or, 3'x3'x3'.

So 9 sq. feet that is 3 feet deep. Or 27 sq' @ 1 foot of depth. How deep do you want the mulch? 4" it's 27x3. 3"? It's 27x4. 2"? It's 27x6

Makes sense, yes?