PDA

View Full Version : how to bill new clients?

thesargent
04-20-2006, 09:54 PM
when you go see a new customer about cutting their lawn do you set up some sort of contract with them. or just mow it once and wait untill they call again? whats the best way to get regular customers? is it by a yearly contract?

topsites
04-20-2006, 10:34 PM
All mine are verbal except one commercial. I bill by the job, after the work is done I leave the bill on the door which has my address on it, and sometime later I get check in the mail.

Not to sound hard but if I don't get the check for the last work, I don't perform more work.

ReMarkable Landscaper
04-20-2006, 11:10 PM
All mine are verbal except one commercial. I bill by the job, after the work is done I leave the bill on the door which has my address on it, and sometime later I get check in the mail.

Not to sound hard but if I don't get the check for the last work, I don't perform more work.

I pretty much do the samething. or if they coem out right be4 i leave and pay me.. That's always great

sooner74
04-21-2006, 01:15 AM
I put those that want to be billed monthly on a contract and those that pay weekly are verbal.

Craymarris
04-21-2006, 03:44 PM
this is my second season. the first season i billed everyone and as a result i lost my butt. chould have paid cash for a new ZTR if i only had the money that was owed me. This season, i'm going to be paided at time of service or in advance i will no longer extend credit to anyone.

I'm done with commericial accounts they was the worst in late and no payment, and none of them will pay in advance so i'm done with those

StBalor
04-21-2006, 05:25 PM
I got paid after each cut last year. This year i offered all my customers the option of being billed monthly. Only which a few wanted it. I think i am really gonna like the monthly billing better.

marionlandscape
04-21-2006, 05:50 PM
you can save a lot of money by billing monthly. if you have 200 customers and send them a weekly bill you pay for 6400 stamps thats $2560.00 + $320.00 in ink paper and envolopes. A total of $2880.00 send a monthly bill and you pay $720.00 a savings of $2160.00 if you have been in business for 5 years that is $10,800.00 you would have saved just by billing monthly

Ric3077
04-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Or RIGHT AFTER YOUR DONE...just leave the bill on the door knob in a clear doorknob baggie and pay only for the baggie, ink and paper...no stamps, no envelopes, no "It never came in the mail" etc...

PROCUT1
04-21-2006, 08:59 PM
I got paid after each cut last year. This year i offered all my customers the option of being billed monthly. Only which a few wanted it. I think i am really gonna like the monthly billing better.

I love loaning people thousands of dollars interest free and praying that they get around paying me. I would hate having that money in MY bank earning ME interest and paying my bills.