PDA

View Full Version : Starting In Business

ebeirsdorfer
04-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I am a young Business owner. I know many of you hate 14 year olds that go around cutting for half the price but you have to start somewhere. This is my second year and I am looking for any advice or helpful tips to make my small business into hopefully some day a great one. Thanks.

barefootlawnsandlandscape
04-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Go to college and get a good education and then start your business, in the mean time work for an experienced lco and learn all the tricks of the trade.

bln
04-21-2006, 12:17 AM
I started mowing lawns when i was ten years old and never looked back. I graduated from college with degrees in Horticulture and design all while working for myself. This was a big mistake. I should have worked for someone else and learned the ropes the easy way as oppose to the hard way. Take my advice from someone who has been there and regretted it for some time. Now that I am 24 and done a lot and made good business contacts with other guys in college it is a whole easier. When I say easier I'm talking about quoting jobs and doing them in the time frame allotted and making them look good.

Just my two cents
Brad:hammerhead:

daveintoledo
04-21-2006, 08:43 AM
if something is worth 20 bucks, thats what its worth, not 10......how is that a good way to start out,..... make things look great, and chrarge the right amount...... wouldnt you rather make more money working less hours...:confused: