PDA

View Full Version : Install Garden

dutchman
04-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I will be installing a Garden the plant price is $1100. what to charge for planting. I still have to make the beds.

steve in Pa.
04-20-2006, 09:46 PM
must be a huge garden to get 1100 in plants????????? you want to get your overhead recovery, production hrs, profit!:drinkup:

richallseasons
04-20-2006, 11:12 PM
what size is this garden?what are you planting?are you buying from a wholesaler and are you getting a good deal?1100.00 is a lot of plantings or you are not buying well,are you in naug.

sheshovel
04-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Well well I dunno...I just dunno..do you have any kind of PLAN?What plant's?How many?What size?How's the soil?Digging by hand or useing an auger?B&B? Container?Bareroot?Any tree's?Have you any expierience in doing this work or is it your first time?

dutchman
04-21-2006, 05:10 AM
I buy whole sale. I have to take out some sod to make the beds. I will get you some more info Tonight.

dutchman
04-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Well well I dunno...I just dunno..do you have any kind of PLAN?What plant's?How many?What size?How's the soil?Digging by hand or useing an auger?B&B? Container?Bareroot?Any tree's?Have you any expierience in doing this work or is it your first time?

3 trees13 shrubs10 roses14 Grasses 23perennials The 2 beds are 10x 40. We will digging these beds by hand have to take out the grass. And ther are some small beds to be dig.Making existing beds bigger

dutchman
04-21-2006, 07:32 PM
what size is this garden?what are you planting?are you buying from a wholesaler and are you getting a good deal?1100.00 is a lot of plantings or you are not buying well,are you in naug. Yes I am in Naug. I buy whole sale.The $1100 is whole sale includes Tax

sheshovel
04-21-2006, 08:48 PM
OK dutchman 1st..you need to mark-up all your plants to the customer..you do not give them the plants for what youget them for..add at the very least 20% to the price of each plant and tree.
Then just to make a stab at it..charge $75.00 per hour of work you do yourself and $125.00 per hour if you have a helper and if you both can do the work in a reasonable amount of time.This is a base for you to work from...not a price to be written in stone...I can't see the job and don't know the digging conditions nor your level of expierience...but that is basic for landscape labor around here and here is not there.But that's neither here nor there.