PDA

View Full Version : best mower for your money?

Fireball the wall
04-20-2006, 09:45 PM
After checking the forum for about 2 months I have not found a thread on good cheep zero turns. I am running a 52" exmark at one of my customers house and I really like it. I see guys using exmarks a lot. (love em or hate em?) Whats the best cheepest mower u would recomend. Any input would be great. Thanks, Logan

dcondon
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Check out a Cub Cadet TANK or Lesco. Great mowers!!!:waving: They do just as well as any other mower. TRUST ME

J&R Landscaping
04-20-2006, 11:03 PM
How big of a deck are you looking for. A compact Toro, exmark or scag may be the ticket!

totallawncare912
04-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Great Dane LOVE MINE !!!

topsites
04-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Toro model 30197

Fireball the wall
04-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I am looking for a 48" or 52" deck, somthing in that range. Thanks again, Logan

Signature Landscaping1
04-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Lesco Ztwo

4curbappeal
04-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Cheap or inexpensive?
You have to pay for quality!

Mack77
04-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Regardless of what mower you ultimatally purchace, make sure you have a reputable dealer that will take care of you should your machine ever let you down. You may spend a few extra bucks in the beginning, but it will make up for it down the road when your dealer gets you back up and running the next day when you have a problem.

Btw, be careful with the lesco's :nono: ... many lesco dealers do not have a mechanic on site, so if your machine ever breaks down, you better get ready for a hike to the next closest lesco store.

TURF DOCTOR
04-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Lesco can't be beat on price man thet offer a great sale price.

dcondon
04-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Regardless of what mower you ultimatally purchace, make sure you have a reputable dealer that will take care of you should your machine ever let you down. You may spend a few extra bucks in the beginning, but it will make up for it down the road when your dealer gets you back up and running the next day when you have a problem.

Btw, be careful with the lesco's :nono: ... many lesco dealers do not have a mechanic on site, so if your machine ever breaks down, you better get ready for a hike to the next closest lesco store.

All you have to do is take it to your closest Cub Cadet dealer and they will have the same parts:cool2:

countyline
04-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Saw your post, thought that I might add my thoughts. Just purchased a yazoo-kees 52" ztr. Love it, great size many safety features, biggest reason dealer service and extended warranty offers. I use three exmarks and one toro and don't have anything bad to say about any of them, just when you are in the business to make money, you go with the best deal, and who stands behind it.

Fireball the wall
04-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Awesome,I will take all the mowers listed into consideration, Thanks, logan

earthtrends
05-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Really depends on how much you will be using the mower and what kinds of properties you will use it on. Will you have hills and some rough areas? You have to take in consideration horsepower and how well your hydraulics hold up. Also if you are mowing on hills and slopes will the mower hold the hill. Don't always go for cheapest route. We run scag and have had bobcat as well as exmark. Both do well for our properties. You have to look at the big picture down the road. Do you want a mower that will last 2 yrs or one that will last 5-6. If you can afford it go for one that is going to last for the price. Just my 2 cents.