PDA

View Full Version : they pay you to deliver your own flier

wrestlingcoach
04-21-2006, 07:54 AM
in the off season you deliver phonebooks and put your flier in each one.
so now they are paying you to deliver your own flier..

plus you are making money in the off season

just talked to a guy that did this in jan/feb.. he said last month he grossed $16,000 ...

Splicer
04-21-2006, 08:03 AM
GREAT idea!!!

Watkinslawnservice
04-21-2006, 10:17 AM

just talked to a guy that did this in jan/feb.. he said last month he grossed $16,000 ...

Did they ALLOW him to insert his flyer or did he just do it on his own?

Bustus
04-21-2006, 01:10 PM
seems kind of sketchy, but if he didn't get caught, hes:laugh: . It def is illegal, just like putting mail in federal mail boxes

FreshCutz
04-21-2006, 01:50 PM
seems kind of sketchy, but if he didn't get caught, hes:laugh: . It def is illegal, just like putting mail in federal mail boxes
Why would it be illegal? The phone company is a private company not part of the government. I would think you could get fired for it, but not in any real trouble.

Bustus
04-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Why would it be illegal? The phone company is a private company not part of the government. I would think you could get fired for it, but not in any real trouble. I meant fired by the company. They could also charge him for the flyers, I've heard of that happening before.

lawnman_scott
04-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Ours come in a plastic wrapper. How would you get around that?

jondcoleman
04-22-2006, 12:57 PM
You could just put the flyer in the door while delivering the phone books. Don't know how much business would come out of putting flyers in Jan/Feb though. I put some out in mid-march and didn't have much response.

HOOLIE
04-22-2006, 01:31 PM
I looked into the phonebook delivery thing once a few years back...I couldn't see how the pay would barely pay for your gas, much less gross $16,000...you sure he didn't mean $160?? :laugh:

I remember the delivery guy is an independent contractor, you got paid per delivery, they had some rules and regulations so perhaps you could insert your own flyer.

Lux Lawn
04-23-2006, 12:10 PM

Are you saying he grossed $16,000 in work from the flier?

Splicer
04-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Are you saying he grossed $16,000 in work from the flier?
Thats how I took it...

JJLandscapes
04-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Did they ALLOW him to insert his flyer or did he just do it on his own?
most likley not hallway monitor you should go find out the company and report him