PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

CBramble
04-21-2006, 11:23 PM
What do you do when clients don't pay? For the most part the people I have dealt with have all been prompt payers, except for this one lady. It was a one time deal of weeding out her flower beds. The bill was for a couple hundred dollars I sent it to her and nothing came, I sent her another one, nothing. I send her a third one finally she sends me the bill. It just took a couple weeks to get paid. Good thing all people aren't like that....just wondering what you do.

dcondon
04-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Some times that happens. Don't worry about it unless they don't pay at all!! It's very hard in this area to get people to sign a contract unless it's a com account.

Freddy_Kruger
04-22-2006, 12:29 AM
You phone them, talk to them ask them if they recieved the bill (just as an ice breaker) and go from there. I have one lady who I won't be doing snow for next (I drop her) who pretends to forget and then gets all indignant and tells me she would prefer that I come and pick it up. I don't want her business anymore.

ed2hess
04-22-2006, 12:30 AM
I know a lot of people on this site live in the perfect world where customers pay immediately but 2 weeks isn't bad. Go to their house in the evening when you know they will be home and ask to be paid.

bobcat9957
04-22-2006, 01:54 AM
I agree in most business 30 days is the minimum that you would have to wait for payment. So I dont think you did to bad.

Mrk'sLawn
04-22-2006, 06:15 AM
I know that I have taken a bill, from time to time and put off paying. Waited until the very last minute.. Sometimes longer..:hammerhead: Sometimes people just have a hard time paying on time. I can wait a while for my money. Me just starting, I'm glad I have clients at all.. Just my 2 cents...

Roger
04-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Consider yourself in good standing if the payment only took a couple of weeks. When you find them paying a couple of months late, then it is a different matter.

Bustus
04-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Make sure they dont forget about it. Disccontinue work if it gets out of hand.

ArkansasLawns
04-25-2006, 08:40 AM
If its was a regular customer I wouldn't worry to much about it. If they had of told you up front that it might be a few weeks then your stress level would not of been elevated. But in the end they paid.

Sometimes a verbal reminder doesn't hurt.

Was she a teacher? Just asking because I do a yard for a lady that is a teacher and she only gets paid once a month. So if I do work after the first week of the month she waits to pay me until she gets paid on the 1st of next month.