PDA

View Full Version : most cost effective advertising?

bluerider
04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
What do you think is the most cost effective way to advertise is? Flyers, Newspaper ads, Truck Lettering, Yellow Pages, or Direct Mail. If you had only $500 dollars to spend on advertising for the year how would you spend it?

lawnservice
04-22-2006, 08:46 PM
What do you think is the most cost effective way to advertise is? Flyers, Newspaper ads, Truck Lettering, Yellow Pages, or Direct Mail. If you had only $500 dollars to spend on advertising for the year how would you spend it?
unfortunatly $500 wont go very far

rule out yellow pages-$500 will only last 2-3 months

Newspaper ads- again $500 wont get you much exposure unless you're running one line ads in a service directory with the hords of others

direct mail-$500 not enough

flyers might be the way to go, especially if you make them your self

but if it were me...i'd letter up the truck first. give your self a professional image. get that ruck into neighborhoods you want to get work in. anytime you have a free day....get the truck into those neighborhoods and be there when folks are out and about like early AM as they head off to work and again from 3 thru 6PM when they arive back home. this should help you get some work and help build your advertising budget for next season

good luck

walker-talker
04-23-2006, 11:56 AM
$150 will buy you a vinyl print on two doors of your truck. $350 will buy you 30,000 half page flyers (black print on lime green paper).

bluerider
04-23-2006, 03:02 PM
$150 will buy you a vinyl print on two doors of your truck. $350 will buy you 30,000 half page flyers (black print on lime green paper).

$150 for vinyl print on two doors aint a bad price. Less than I had imagined. How much to do both doors and the tailgate? Does anybody just use truck lettering as their only means of advertising? If yes, how well does that work?

Lux Lawn
04-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Truck lettering is a great way to go.Everywhere you go you are advertising along the way.

BCF
04-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Truck sings are good. I wouldn't think they are great, but witha logo they do get your name out there. In the fence business, those fence signs are the best advertising. I know I've gotten a few jobs from having big yard signs up for a week or two on some nice jobs. I had expensive realtor signs that were like $85 a piece, but the ones I'm looking into now are around $35-40.

MysticLandscape
04-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I want to get my enclosed trailer lettered i might get some prices this week. Anybody ever had theres done, what did it cost, im thinking around $600 or more.

Mike33
04-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Yellow pages work great for me. I am now established started from scratch in 95 turned to yellow page and phone started ringing. I was i auto body for 15 years and never had a yellow page add. Word of moth worked real well. But here i was starting a bobcat service spec. in small jobs. In the car business i might work on a car for a week, here i could maybe do 2 jobs a day. Word of mouth ran out. On the bad side my monthly add with phone service is 370.00 per month 12 months a year. I advertise in Landscaping, Excavating, General Contractor, and snow plowing.

Mike

Charles
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
I use to have good luck in the Newspaper. Like has been said there are so many ads the call in volume went down to a trickle.
The problem with the yellow pages is that you are stuck paying for the off season too and you can't tweak your ad. I looked in the yellow pages this year and there a lot of lawn care ads. I would say flyer's/direct mail are the way to go

PDuffy
04-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I use magnetic signs that haven't seemed to work real well. (If so nobody mentioned) Yellow Pages was about 1600 for the year (alot of runing around, for little return..."I just want an estimate"). For me the way to go is word of mouth and making contacts in the industry

The Kiwi Lawn Ranger
04-25-2006, 01:38 AM
I have a business card size add in my local community paper on the "professional services" page, and it works really well pick up an average of 5 jobs a month. I also use flyers , plain black ink in lemon yellow stock .
Also The side of my trailer is prime add space. a good professional logo and good signwriting .

The Lawn Ranger
Taupo New Zealand

Bustus
04-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Newspaper ads work best for me.