PDA

View Full Version : Toro Dingo, Tracks or Tires?

NEPSJay
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
whats YOUR input regarding tracks vs. tires on the Dingo, and why? thank you.

allinearth
04-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Without question, tracks is the way to go. More versatile, better traction, flotation, etc. controls on track machine also better.:clapping:

phototropic1
04-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Tracks, tracks, tracks. All that the above post said is true. Traction is much better with the tracks. And the weight distribution is way better too. I like the 425 TX (wide track). It is worth the extra money.
I've used both. The one with the tires just tore the ground to pieces.
And imagine getting to the jobsite and having one of your tires flat. That sucks!

NEPSJay
04-22-2006, 11:19 PM
this thing would mainly be used on lawns so minimum turf damage is a must. Traction in mud or a swamp really isnt priority. so, the tracks are softer and easier on the grass when turning? i liked the stand on platform on the wheeled version though. thank u.

Mr. Vern
04-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Get the tracks, I prefer the TX420 because you can get it through a 36" man gate. These are very common in the older homes around our area. The tracks float better, get more traction and are more stable. The clincher for me is that when trenching, you can cross your trenches when doing laterals and it barely even knocks any dirt in the hole. Try that with a wheeled unit and you will be lifting it up and wearing yourself out getting it across the trenches. You can buy a bolt-on platform is you really want to ride on it. I don't have one but the only times I wish I did is when I am moving a lot of material over a long distance. The truth is if you are doing a lot of this, you are better off using several guys with wheelbarrows and just use the Dingo to load them. It is much faster than loading with shovels.

DerikL
04-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Tracks are by far the way to go. We just bought a 425 last week, it should be here this week. We have had a demo unit for a few weeks and it is amazing. We do a lot of tree work. We get the tree down, drag the brush out with the dingo, carry the wood out with the dingo, grind the stump with a stumpgrinder, haul the grindings out with the dingo, and then bring in the loam. All of that would have been done by hand or with a wheelbarrow before. We just fluff up the grass with a blower and you don't know we were there.

Itsgottobegreen
04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Tracks.

A dingo 425tx or a bobcat mt-55 is on my 24 month business plan.

NEPSJay
04-23-2006, 02:37 PM
ok thanks guys, any idea of what a guy could expect to pay for a tracked machine? just looking for NEW base machine w/ standard bucket, no attachments. thank u.

BCF
04-23-2006, 04:34 PM
I think all the decent compact skids are betweeen $14,00 and $18,000. I've been looking at ww.handyloader.net. About $18,00, but everything about it just seems heavier-duty. They're made up in Maine, and the guy is supposed to come and demo one for me in few weeks. Will keep ya informed.

NEPSJay
04-23-2006, 04:37 PM
ok thanks, as far as the handiloader, i want something more reliable than something that was built in the evenings and weekends in someones garage. something with a good parts network, and dealer support. but thank u anyway.

6'7 330
04-23-2006, 04:54 PM
ok thanks guys, any idea of what a guy could expect to pay for a tracked machine? just looking for NEW base machine w/ standard bucket, no attachments. thank u.

The TX 425'S 25 horse kohler,cost us, if im not mistaken 15.5 k in 05.These machines come in handy working in Chicago .They are easier to get around the city, and come in handy on city jobsites.

SOMM
04-24-2006, 03:40 PM
6'7 is right on in the Midwest pricing not sure of the coasts. We rent out both types to suit our needs, (and will prolly purchase them once we purchase a dump truck) on unimproved sites of bare ground that are dry - we rent the wheeled version because of greater transit speed. If its going to be wet, go across any established lawn, or be steep - then its always the tracked Dingo we rent out.

Beartooth
04-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Bobcat MT-55 has all you are looking for, tracks, ride-on platform and a diesel engine. I've ran them both and prefer the extra power from the diesel.