PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Quick!!!

BCFLawnLandscape
04-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Got a stupid question..... How do you go about getting a title for a vehicle??? I'm interested in purchasing a vehicle for my biz, but owner said he lost the title?!? How easy is it to get another one? What loops do I have to jump through???? Let me know please!

Thanks!

FearThisDeere
04-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't know about Ohio, but around here getting a title is hard. Before he sells you the vehicle he should be the one to get the title. He has to get a duplicate title or something like that. If he leaves it up to you to get the title, it is nearly impossible. You have to go through many more hoops than it is worth. A guy that sold me one of my trucks used my nickname on the title, so when I got to the registry the didn't like it, even though it was a valid title. Four months later it was fixed and notarized. Then the registry charged me $200 in fines for being late registering the truck and having a vehicle without a valid title even though I was not driving it. I would look elsewhere if Ohio is like Mass!:dizzy:

OGM_Mows
04-23-2006, 06:05 PM
He should be able to get a duplicate title from the state, but he has to be the one to do it.

southernlandscapespecial
04-23-2006, 07:49 PM
It is pretty simple here in Louisiana, The owner needs to call the DMV office and ask for a duplicate title. I have done this before and had the duplicate within a week.