PDA

View Full Version : Can It Be A Ch Valve

wsi261
04-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi ,I tried everything to get a customers well pump started.I primed it with a water pump,flooded the system with a garden hose ,the pump runs nice and quiet but will not pump.Before I remove the pump could it be the check valve???What its exact purpose it relation to the pump.If it is bad will the pump not operate????? Thanks Walt<>

Dirty Water
04-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Probably not the check valve. The purpose of this valve is to keep the pump from losing prime.

Wet_Boots
04-23-2006, 02:36 PM
You can test the well with another pump, and if it's a well point, you can try and blow water back down the point, which can sometimes clear the well-point screen, after several repetitions of forcing the water backwards and pumping forward.

Grump
04-25-2006, 12:05 AM
You said the pump runs quietly? Have you checked the impeller? Is it attached to the shaft or has it sheared off?

PurpHaze
04-25-2006, 09:14 AM
LOL. True story. One of our district plumbers borrowed our Honda pump a few years back to pump something out. He brought it back and said it wouldn't work because it wouldn't pump the water out. He thought the impeller was bad. I had him set the thing up for me, prime it and then try to pump out a 5 gallon bucket of water. He did all this and it still wouldn't work. I let him get a little frazzled before telling him that he had the suction and output hoses switched. :laugh: