PDA

View Full Version : Boxwood Removal

Hard Worker
04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
I have 5 small Boxwoods that I'm removing from my yard and was wondering how particular I need to be in removing all the roots? Do these shrubs keep coming back after removal? Is there a treatment I can add to kill the roots? Please offer any suggestions. Thanks

jnmaney
04-23-2006, 10:51 PM
be sure to dig an adequate sized rootball so as not to stress out the plant too much. If possible go to a nursery supply store and buy some burlap and twine. excavate the rootball with a nice square spade if possible. Once your down in the ground to the right depth. (as deep as you are wide, then cut in to free the ball. Then tip back and forth to get the burlap under and around, then tie it.

sheshovel
04-23-2006, 10:57 PM
jnmaney..I think he's just removing them for good..
All you can do it get out as many roots as you see..most of them will come up with the shrub if you dig wide and deep to take them out.I doubt they will grow back.

NNJLandman
04-23-2006, 11:00 PM
a shrub like that will not grow back...just dig em up and be done with it, if it was something like a ground cover/ivy thats another story.

Jeff

southernlandscapespecial
04-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Jeff, is absolutely right no chance of it coming back, just remove all that you can then fill in the hole with topsoil

Hard Worker
04-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks to all for your replies. Yes I'm removing them permanently.:waving: