PDA

View Full Version : 1st Mowing, 2 weeks early!

MSS Mow
04-23-2006, 05:14 PM
I mowed for the 1st time this spring today, and it's more than 2 weeks early. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Last year was a week into May. I hope it remains a good year for mowing.

Anyone else starting earlier than usual this year??

JB1
04-23-2006, 05:18 PM
for us it was the last week of March.

Sean Adams
04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Mowing in Western Pa has never been consistent as far as when we start, how many times we can mow, or when the last mowing will be performed. There were years we started in early March and finished in early to mid December. This year most mowing began about two weeks ago since the winter was so mild.

Daner
04-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Soon as the rain stops we will be mowing up here in Ontario... Most Lawns are now lush and green

mike lane lawn care
04-23-2006, 08:07 PM
did my first mowing last friday, it was a 3.5 acre property and, as usual for the first mowing, there was a dust storm.

hillndale
04-23-2006, 08:09 PM
I mowed for the 1st time this spring today, and it's more than 2 weeks early. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Last year was a week into May. I hope it remains a good year for mowing.

Anyone else starting earlier than usual this year??

Man, that's great! I'm down near Portland, ME and I figure after this rainy spell, a day or two of sun and we'll be good to go. About May 7th or 10th last year. Definitely earlier this year. Still doing clean-ups, & everything will overlap next week and it'll get crazy. It's the calm before the storm.

Enjoy!!!:cool2:

hillndale:headphones:

Bustus
04-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Soon as the rain stops we will be mowing up here in Ontario... Most Lawns are now lush and green
Same here:canadaflag:

Freddy_Kruger
04-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Its early because of global warming, global warming is good for canada as far as Im concerned.

MSS Mow
04-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Man, that's great! I'm down near Portland, ME and I figure after this rainy spell, a day or two of sun and we'll be good to go. About May 7th or 10th last year. Definitely earlier this year. Still doing clean-ups, & everything will overlap next week and it'll get crazy. It's the calm before the storm.

Enjoy!!!:cool2:

hillndale:headphones:

Good to hear from another Mainer.

I was May 6th last year. I'm loving the early start. Obviously not everything needed it yesterday, but I mowed 4 lawns. It felt great just climbing on the mower. Within a week, everything will need it. :)

Here's to a good season in Maine. :drinkup: :drinkup:

qualitylawnmanagement
04-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Started mowing a month ago.

MMLC
04-24-2006, 09:17 AM
last thursday for me. :headphones:

daveintoledo
04-24-2006, 10:57 AM
of full schedule mowing......starting to have to double cut some.... really growing fast this year, may have to move to a 4 or 5 day cut schedule instead of 7 days...... very early for that here....

Lawn Enforcement FM
04-24-2006, 11:04 AM
In SW Florida, we need rain badly. Accounts are hard to find because the grass just isn't growing unless you have a sprinkler system. As soon as we get some rain it will pick up.