PDA

View Full Version : what 21 inch would u get if you were me

starboyz66ftp
04-23-2006, 07:49 PM
i am new to lawnsite, i work construction and just get 4 or 5 neighborhood lawn accounts just to keep busy and a little extra spending money. i am looking at a new 21' mower for my house, my parents house and 4 or 5 residential homes. in the pros opinion which is bes t and why out of these mowers.....
cub cadet cc 989
john deere js 40
exmark 21"

i know people like toro prolines, but i don't think i need something that great and $$$$. i am leaning towards the cub cadet wiht kawi engine...any advice??

mcwlandscaping
04-23-2006, 07:52 PM
why no hondas on that list?? but out of those i would go with the eXmark 21", its a nice mower, the one with the BBC is great. its expensive though. for the amount of lawns your talking about, why not just go with something a little cheaper?

6'7 330
04-23-2006, 07:58 PM
i am new to lawnsite, i work construction and just get 4 or 5 neighborhood lawn accounts just to keep busy and a little extra spending money. i am looking at a new 21' mower for my house, my parents house and 4 or 5 residential homes. in the pros opinion which is bes t and why out of these mowers.....
cub cadet cc 989
john deere js 40
exmark 21"

i know people like toro prolines, but i don't think i need something that great and $$$$. i am leaning towards the cub cadet wiht kawi engine...any advice??
The best on your list is the Exmark 21.I would like to mention the fact, the Exmark 21, and the Toro proline 21 are one and the same mower,minus the recycler kickers.

DodgeTruckMan731
04-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Why not craftsman either, you can get a nice craftsman 21" for a fair price, i cut 6 lawns last year and it held up and still runs great, there good qualty mowers, but out of your list i would have to say the exmark too.

good luck:usflag:

mike lane lawn care
04-23-2006, 11:15 PM
craftsman 21" mowers are good, but then again it's just an engine attached to a blade, not much to mess up. craftsman makes some good products, just not any of the more complicated things like tractors or ZTR's.